Harry Potter and the Interlander Countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished it like 20 minutes ago. Increadibly disapointed. Another death of one of the better characters, and the end seemed to be quite short and the action only lasted about 2 chapters. I'm not too impressed w/ the last 3... I dunno, maybe they're just as good and my expectations are getting much higher.

And by the end of this book, it seems as if the 7th one will be a mess. :eyebrow:

I agree that Book 5 and now especially Book 6 are a bit of a letdown. However, I felt Book 4 was brilliant. I'm not sure if Rowling is feeling the pressure to write these quickly due to the movies or not, but it seems that Books 5 and 6 have lost a step compared to the first 4. While Books 1 and 2 are arguably "soft" - they were made for children. Rowling shined with Books 3 and 4. But now it seems to be slipping. She has a lot of work to do in Book 7.

Still, I share your views. I finished the book and felt really let down. This contrasts when I read the earlier novels - I couldn't wait to read more. It's almost a good thing there's only one book left because she's really starting to lose me as a fan.

It better not be Snape who's dead.

I've only read up to Harry's first private lesson with Dumbledore, but I've figured Snape cannot really be on Voldemort's side as he indicated to Lucius's sister early on, so if my suspicion is right, he will find himself very stuck between both Voldemort and Dumbledore before the end. I love to hate Snape. He cannot be dead though. Surely also the curse of the Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher has to end somewhere.

In short, please dont tell me it's Snape. I will not cope.
:huh:

Crikey bloody moses! I just read page 2 of this thread, lol. Now I have to go to bed and speed read as much as I can.

Thank you to all who have not divulged who died. :up:

I will not say who died. (it is hard keeping my mouth shut. Maybe we should have a "Finished the Harry Potter Book?" thread so the people who finished can discuss?) But Snape does have quite a huge part involving the person who dies :wink: Not telling who.

Really, hurry up and finish people! :wink:

Maybe I can get by with hoping it is Draco who dies then, seeing as he well...I wont go into another half baked theory :lol:

...And on this note, I shall depart for my bed and book and let you who have finished, discuss in peace. I shall return! :D

I have been haing trouble reading it, I learned it is hard to read when your roof, is being retiled, a hammer banging above your head does not help.

I still don't have mine yet :sad:

I'm prepared to be a little let down, though, cos I think 4 and 5 were weaker than the first 3. I think the 3rd book was the absolute best. :drool: Just finished rereading the 5th and actually enjoyed it much more, but I still don't really like the 4th one.

Thank you Sue! I wont open it, though I reckon I'll be read very soon.

Has anyone noticed the number of spelling and grammatical errors this book has? It was like it was never edited or something.
:slant:

Back
Top Bottom