Harry Potter and the Interlander Countdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indigo tree said:
Last year I went to barnes and noble, and the process went pretty swiftly. Me and my friend were out by 12:30.

Can't wait. Gonna party all night at the barnes.:hyper:

But had you pre-ordered?

Oh my goodness... :hyper:

It's almost here! In a mere eleven and a half hours, it will be in my hands. :drool: Alas, I was unable to find anything that I could dress up in for the Potter Party I'm attending at a bookshop in town. But that's okay! I don't know if I'd be able to go through with that anyway...there is a point where you can appear too geeky. :wink:

hehe, i work in a library. i held an entire stack of them in my hand today until the children's librarian gave me "the look" and took them away.

she locked them up, but not before i flipped through one. :wink:

bonosgirl84 said:
hehe, i work in a library. i held an entire stack of them in my hand today until the children's librarian gave me "the look" and took them away.

she locked them up, but not before i flipped through one. :wink:

Lucky :drool:

I can't wait!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

im reading the entire 5th book today cos I sorta forgot what happened in it and I wanna be caught up. at page 547 right now:rockon:

should probably be doing my required reading, but what the hell...

am so excited :hyper: even though i actually won't get it for another week or so....how will i resist the temptation to find out who the half-blood prince is?!?! :crazy:

My copy will be shipped to the post office box b/c my parents say I'm too old to go to a Harry Potter party (grrr) and when I checked my order status I realized that I pre-ordered it on December 22nd. Apparently it's been in transit from a town about 25 miles away since 10:13 this morning. If it's not sitting in the box tomorrow morning, I will be more pissed than Filch on a sunny day.
Ooh- bn.com will broadcast a live/delayed video of JK Rowling's reading of the book at about 7:20ish Eastern Standard Time tonight!!!!

We got it two and a half hours ago (along with some free baby dragons book that I was more excited about than I was about the HP book).

Just finished it. Wow. I won't say anything, out of respect for people who haven't read it yet. Just....wow. Things I didn't expect, revelations I didn't see coming, dark suspicions came true...and a sad ending.

Overall, a great book.

You've already read the book?
Hein33.gif

My daughter got the last copy at Borders today (non-prepaid). Then we went over to Target and they had many and cheaper too! :mad:

Daughter is only on page 20. That makes about 632 to go, right? :faint: :faint:

FlyYourKite said:

You're done already?? :ohmy: :drool:

I finished the book too. It's actually rather short. I have to say that I didn't like it nearly as much as other books - and it has nothing to do with the "death of a character" that's been rumored forever. In the first few books, there was a clear story - a mystery to solve with a proper beginning, middle and end. However, these last two books are very open-ended. Some may like this style, but I'm not so sure. The book is still entertaining and easily read, but I'm not sure it will translate at all well to a movie. And of the series so far, I'd say this book was the weakest.

That said, I do think the one area the book shined was in the possible theories. I obviously can't discuss any of them as people are still reading, but it sets up a whole array of situations that may prove quite intriguing.

Last edited:
I jut found out something

Harry Potter + Achtung Baby =:drool: :drool: +Barely any reading actually being done, but really makes the book better. Well will continue reading tonight I'm on chapter 14 I think, i guess its good, slow begining i feel, but am getting lost in the book, so far it gets a :up: I hope it is still enjoyable without the help of u2 tonight.

I just finished it too. It was amazing. Lots of fascinating plot twists, lots of interesting character development. And the ending made me cry. :sad: I'd love to discuss it, but don't want to spoil it for those who haven't finished reading yet.

Rowling is truly a gifted writer. I hope she writes more books after she finishes the HP series. :up:

Last edited:
The thing that made me cry was Harry's personal decision after the big event. I thought that :censored: and :censored: were so :cute: together. I'm such a wuss. The big event definitely came as a surprise. Not the event itself, but those involved. I was really really thinking it would have been too easy to go that way, but by thinking it was so easy, I think I convinced myself it was impossible and was in turn surprised. :up:

Yes, though, this book and Order were much more open-ended than the first few, but at least they're not overwhelmingly formulaic, either. I think the next one's gonna really rock though. I'd put this above Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, on about the same level as Azkaban and Order, but nothing touches Goblet. :drool:

I agree with you, Unforgettable Lemon, in that "Goblet" is also my favorite book of the series. "Azkaban" was well done - the best of the first three, but "Goblet" seemed to have it all. It had the mystery, it had the tournament, it had death and it even had a bit of open-endedness to it. Given how involved the book is, I fear the movie will be sadly performed. One thing I enjoyed about the Chris Columbus films is that he did a great job of sticking close to the books. No, he didn't capture everything, but he captured not only the essence of the films, but all the little details as well. In contrast, there were quite a few details - some very crucial ones - left out in the third film. If I hadn't already read the book, I might have been lost!! So I'm fearing the worst for this fourth movie...

But getting back to this sixth book... I'm sure I'll reread it. It's a far easier read than "Pheonix". Book 5 was well done, but Rowling also spent oceans of time on Harry's feelings. Pages upon pages were about Harry thinking, reflecting, being angry, etc. In a screenplay, these can be easily chopped down - in fact, one look can state what took Rowling pages to write! So it'll be interesting to see how Book 5 translates to the big screen.

But I also felt all that detail about Harry's inner thoughts was a bit too much - a weakness of the fifth book. Fortunately, that was cut back tremendously in this new book. However, as soon as a "death of a character" was mentioned, I immediately knew who it was, and was sadly proven correct. It only made logical sense (for so many reasons). And while Rowling tried to play up the intrigue aspect tremendously (with Draco), it just didn't work nearly as well as anything she had done in the prior books.

As I wrote, the best part of Book 6 is the possibilities. Perhaps that character *had* to die and in exactly that manner. Maybe that was what the whole "trust" issue was about. Again, I can't go into detail for fear of spoiling it for those still reading, but those who have read will know what I mean. So I think the possibilities in Book 7 are there for a climactic and thrilling end. Still, I feel Book 6 could have been and should have been so much more than what it was. It felt more like a transition - filler, if you will - until the big ending.

Back
Top Bottom