Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince Trailer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw it earlier today, thought it was the best trailer of the series. This one's got potential to be as good as Prisoner of Azkaban, or better, if done right.

Wow! I'v really been out of the loop, I didint know the new movie was coming out this year.

I don't remember what happned in the last movie :|

Looks good though :up:

Never got into the books. And never even liked the movies that much. Until the latest one, which I thought was fantastic. So I'm excited for the rest of the series. And this trailer is incredibly promising.

TY! My kids will be excited to see it. I've enjoyed the movies, but they just don't compare to the books. Which is ok, but it's still not the same.

Ali

Never got into the books. And never even liked the movies that much. Until the latest one, which I thought was fantastic. So I'm excited for the rest of the series. And this trailer is incredibly promising.

Alfonso Cuaron's entry, Prisoner of Azkaban, is the best, but Order of the Phoenix was pretty good, too.

Alfonso Cuaron's entry, Prisoner of Azkaban, is the best, but Order of the Phoenix was pretty good, too.

PoA was my fav book out of all of them, I'm glad that was Cuaron's entry, or I would've been superpissed. This trailer is awesome.

I'm not really looking forward to seeing the movie though. I mean, I'll see it, but I expect it to be just as heartbreaking. HBP is the only book I haven't yet reread because it was so intense. Yeah that's right, I said it. It had me sobbing like a baby.

Thanks for sharing, Justin!

I had average feelings about 1 and 2, loved 3, and really disliked 4. Is 5 worth seeing?

I had average feelings about 1 and 2, loved 3, and really disliked 4. Is 5 worth seeing?

Yes.

Those are my exact feelings about those movies, too. 3 and 5 really stand on their own while the other ones flounder when compared to their book counterparts.

The Goblet of Fire took way too much out from the book. Plain and simple. I don't think I could watch it again.

I'll look into viewing the fifth one at some point.

The Goblet of Fire took way too much out from the book. Plain and simple. I don't think I could watch it again.

Agreed. I'm honestly not sure how people who haven't read the books know wtf is going on. 5 is worth it methinks. I mean, there was stuff left out, but, I think it was better than the 1, 2, and 4.

It normally doesn't bother me when stuff gets cut out of film adaptations, but in the case of GoF they just spent waaaay too much time on the three big set pieces of the book and also the Yule Ball. Shoddy script really and I wasn't impressed with the visual style at all either.

OotP on the other hand had a great script salvaged from one of my least favourite books in the series. All the fat stripped away and a slick, cohesive plotline. Shame Kloves came back for this one.

That and Dumbledore manhandles Harry in his office in that one scene in Goblet. That was ridiculous.

Saw it earlier today, thought it was the best trailer of the series. This one's got potential to be as good as Prisoner of Azkaban, or better, if done right.

If only they had done the first two movies and especially Goblet of fire as well as they did it with Azkaban and Phoenix. Movie 3 may have the best directing and camera work, but no. 5 is my favourite - they did a good adaptation and made arguably one of the best HP movies based on one of the weakest HP books.

If only they had done the first two movies and especially Goblet of fire as well as they did it with Azkaban and Phoenix. Movie 3 may have the best directing and camera work, but no. 5 is my favourite - they did a good adaptation and made arguably one of the best HP movies based on one of the weakest HP books.

I just wish they went to LotR route to making these movies though. Release a tight cut for theaters, then integrate in a bunch of footage for the DVD release. Hardcore fans are happy because the film's more in line with the book, casual fans got to see a fun movie, Warner Bros. milks the cash cow a little more... everyone's happy.

Terry Gilliam was Rowling's first choice to direct Sorcerer's Stone. That would've been the most bizarre things ever.

I'm of the opinion that the films have gotten better as they've gone along.

They seem to be getting more enjoyable as Hermione gets more, ummm, powerful.

OotP on the other hand had a great script salvaged from one of my least favourite books in the series. All the fat stripped away and a slick, cohesive plotline. Shame Kloves came back for this one.

That, and the leading three characters, especially Ron and Hermione, actually were acting in the movie as they were written in the book, not as that other script writer sees them.
Also, the latest director improved upon their acting.

I'm of the opinion that the films have gotten better as they've gone along.

They seem to be getting more enjoyable as Hermione gets more, ummm, powerful.

This one girl I know was actually her pen pal in her pre-Potter days. True fact.

:lol:

this movie better be good i was disappointed with the last one. if you read the books than the movies arent as good no matter what...

I need to actually sit down and read Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows.

I've read the first five and for some reason I just stopped.

Back
Top Bottom