Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows discussion ***SPOILERS!!!*** - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Justin24
[B]
Quote:
And it's really fun when you go to the movies and have the little brats or teen brats ruining a movie watching experince cause they can't stop texting or talking to their friends??

Any ways Coria read my above post.
Yeah, I read it. I can't let this one go, though.

What do annoying people in a movie theater have to do with Harry Potter hype or ruining endings?

Old 07-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

What an absolutely ignorant thing to say. Like no one will be reading the Harry Potter books in a few days.

Or in future generations.

It's literature.

It's going to be around for a very, very, very, very, very long time.

Longer than you, in fact.

I love literature.
I love literature also, don't get me wrong. And If you read my post above hello I apologized.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Yeah, I read it. I can't let this one go, though.

What do annoying people in a movie theater have to do with Harry Potter hype or ruining endings?
They cause a nusance, but we already covered that. So let's just drop it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Nothing wrong with reading but to create such a huge hysteria for it??? Tell me what do you do on here and post that is pointless? The next concert your going to or maybe getting aroused over Bono pics???

Ok let's stop. I apologize for my comments about this being fun spreading the word on the ending of the book and the character kill offs.
Your apology would have sounded more sincere had you not posted those insults above it. I don't buy it, Justin. You should be thankful that there is hype and hysteria surrounding these books. It means that kids are excited to read. In the era of the computer, the Internet and satellite TV, the number of kids who enjoy reading for the pleasure of reading is steadily dwindling. And dickheads like you would ruin that excitement for a few laughs. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

Of course they cause a nuisance, but it has nothing to do with Harry Potter, giving away spoilers, or media hype!

Whatever.

Your apology came too late - I was already riled up.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, I see you edited your post, Justin. As they say, all bullies are cowards.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Your apology would have sounded more sincere had you not posted those insults above it. I don't buy it, Justin. You should be thankful that there is hype and hysteria surrounding these books. It means that kids are excited to read. In the era of the computer, the Internet and satellite TV, the number of kids who enjoy reading for the pleasure of reading is steadily dwindling. And dickheads like you would ruin that excitement for a few laughs. Pitiful. Absolutely pitiful.
Gibson I edited the comment cause I misread your previous statement. Well Kids should be encouraged to read period even if there was no HP. Am I right or wrong?
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Oh, I see you edited your post, Justin. As they say, all bullies are cowards.
I am no Coward. In fact you and I are both bullies for insulting each other.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Of course they cause a nuisance, but it has nothing to do with Harry Potter, giving away spoilers, or media hype!

Whatever.

Your apology came too late - I was already riled up.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:16 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor

Justin, I hope when you have kids, they absolutely go crazy for Harry Potter, just to torture you.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Justin, I hope when you have kids, they absolutely go crazy for Harry Potter, just to torture you.
I bet they will and that Karma will come to bite me in the ass. LOL and If were still around posting on the board I will let you laugh at me. LOL
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll hold you to that.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I knew the spoilers before the release of the book, but I never ruined it for anyone cause I knew it would be fucked up if I did. My older brother loves the HP books and I even went to go buy the last one for him as an early birthday gift.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Gibson I edited the comment cause I misread your previous statement. Well Kids should be encouraged to read period even if there was no HP. Am I right or wrong?
It didn't come off sounding that way, so I still don't buy it.

And the point is, before Harry Potter came around, there wasn't really anything out there that was capturing kids' imaginations. I was always an extremely avid reader when I was young, but when I first picked up a Harry Potter book at the age of 12, it was like stumbling upon a whole new world I wished I could be a part of. I always wanted more, so I took it upon myself to write stories involving new adventures for Harry Potter and his friends. Those books encouraged me to embrace the joy of writing. I had already discovered the joy of reading long before they came around. I probably owe my English minor to Harry Potter.

Oh, but I should have been spending my time on something more important.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I've already said elsewhere my feelings on those who wished to spoil the books. I can see how tempting it would be. Let's make all the nerds cry about Harry Potter, ha ha. Heck if it were Star Wars or something like that, I'd laugh along too.

But this isn't an adult themed book. Children are the main target. It's the kids who are waiting in line at midnight with their parents, eager to read a book that has taken a large chunk of their lives to be released. There's nothing like "being taken to a dream world of magic" for kids. It's an escape.
Adults can definitely get mad about the books being spoiled, but we can read the books so fast that it really won't cause much of a difference. Think about the kids who will take weeks, possibly even months to get to a death scene. It's not right.

Everyone has something nerdy that they get into. Imagine going to a movie that you've been dying to see for ages only to have some guy on a megahorn standing outside telling you every little thing that happens.
Fuck, man, I get annoyed when people just whisper things as they happen in a movie theater.

All it is is consideration, which looks a lot like the word "corianderstem", so there ya go.