Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows discussion ***SPOILERS!!!*** - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #286
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:24 PM
The one guy who does the Dumbledore quote about choices, omg.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Speaking of DD's quote about choices, I was watching Spiderman 3 last night (ugh...) and there's a remarkably similar quote. I smell a rat... unless someone at Marvel published it 20 years ago or whatever...

Old 08-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #288
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

You could argue the same thing about the horcruxes and the Ring from LOTR.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:24 PM
Why did I come in this thread? Now I know who dies.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #290
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:24 PM

Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #291
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:24 PM
It was good. The end was kinda disappointing, not because of what happened but because of how brief it was. Oh well.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #292
Refugee

Local Time: 02:24 AM
LMAO the Dumbledore guy....I should add he does the Richard Harris (RIP) Dumbledore and not the Micheal Gambon Dumbledore.....I don't hate Micheal Gambon as much as I used to, seeing that in light of the revelations of DH, Micheal Gambon will be pretty good, actually....Richard Harris, with one exception, IMO would not have been able to convey the same degree of shadiness. I don't know aobut you, but I wouldn't have wanted Harris tarnished. He WAS the "iconic" Dumbledore. The novel Dumbledore was one thing, but the cinematic Dumbledore was less flexible. And I do espearte book from film, though you can't deny cinema's power.

The one exception for me is that brilliant moment in the COS film where in the Diary flashback Dumbledore inquires of Tom Riddle, "Is there anything you wish to tell me?? Riddle replies, "No sir," and visibly gulps...the camera flahes to Harris who dips his head and gives him this piercing look from under his brows...that is brillaint, IMO. I didn't really get the whole thing until I read DH. What Dumbledore wanted him to say (just as he later wanted Harry to say) was that he'd found out he was a Parselmouth. With Harry this would have been no big deal in itself (Harry had done nothing harmful) but the reason why Harry was reluctant to tell Dumbledore was b/c he was still in turmoil over finding out it wasn't a good thing and was still figuring out how to deal with it. But if Tom Riddle had admitted it, he would of course be confessing his guilt in Myrtle's murder. Here he had just seen the girl's body being taken away by the coroners and she had been marked for his first (or second?) Horcrux. And he knew Dumbledore knew the truth but had decided not to take action. I wonder if Riddle was still truly afraid of Dumbledore at that moment or did he begin to despise him for his "weakness" (ie NOT calling him out?) So it ever thus with tyrants...they despise those who didn't have the guts to take them on. And the reason why they later crack down on them is that they remain afraid.

I urge everyone to listen to Mugglecast 103....the nature of good and evil: is evil inherent in us or is it shaped by circumstances of environment? In terms of Voldemort. Ah, the new intellegentsia. Better than nothing, though....
Old 08-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by iloveedge
Why did I come in this thread? Now I know who dies.
Wait...the book's been out for 20 days, so clearly a thread for the discussion of it, marked spoilers, is going to, er... discuss who dies, among other things.

I'm sorry you ruined the book for yourself...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #294
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
yeah I agree with Vari. It's clearly marked spoilers in the thread title. You should have known.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:34 AM   #295
Refugee

Wow..and it's hard to beleive it's what, 3 weeks since the book came out...a MONTH since the film....how time flies...!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #296
New Yorker

The song that the "Weird Sisters" sing in the GOF during the Yule Ball, is that called "Do it like a Hipogriff"?????? I want to get the sound track but I want the song that they partied to on it too.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:32 AM   #297
Refugee

Actually I want to know the title of the song that Ron and Hermione had their walking argument over...a neat little tune! (Never bought the soundtracks...I took a tape recorder into all the films and recorder the films to listen to, b/c you never get the WHOLE score in the soundtrack...

Actually, I thought the score for GOF was gorgeous, at times so good I thought JW had written it. And no, I don't miss Hedwig's Theme. People have such an almost romantic attatchement to this piece prob because it's a JW piece. I wonder if JW has read ll the books and if so he is probably now regretting writing such a childish piece as Hedwig's Theme. But then, he had no idea what the series would become. Nobody did. I'slove to see him compose a variation on his work for the sinister Diagon Alley under Voldemort's Regime we see in Book 7.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #298
New Yorker

who's JW?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #299
Refugee

Oh, sorry--John Williams. I thought mentioning composer you'd be able to figure him out.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #300
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Guys, the Chris Columbus movies really do suck. They lost their novelty for me after their 2nd viewings.

Azkaban and Phoenix are the only good standalone films in the series. The rest is for nostalgic value/hardcore fans that don't give a shit.

/bold statement of the day