Happy Summer Solstice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
anisun.gif

Summer Solstice
In 2002, summer begins June 21 at 9:24 A.M. EDT (13:24 UT)

Summer solstice is the first day of summer - it's usually between June 20 to June 23.

Summer solstice is also the longest day of the year. This doesn't mean our day has more than 24 hours in it - we just have more sunlight than any other day - 13 hours and one minute to be exact.

Last edited:
And the sun is up 18 hours and 6 min here. :) Light enough to do stuff it is from around 2.30 til 11.30-midnight.
Let me tell you it's a strange thing to stumble home from a night out and it's sunny and bright at 3-4. It feels like it's closer to noon then midnight. :D

Go a little further north and it's sunny 24 hours.

Sorry, is it Summer already?? I couldn't tell because I'm in the one spot in this country where its been POURING RAIN for about 8 days straight!!!! :mad: (it just started raining HARDER when I wrote that) I feel like I'm in Ireland....Not that thats a really bad thought.....

*is supposed to be basking in the sun today*

Picture this.....
*Ali Rose wakes up excited for relaxing day in the 85 degree sun (promised by random weathermen all week).*

*Stands in doorway with big grin :D wearing bathing suit, big floppy hat, sunglasses, and inflatable animal-looking tube around waist.*

*sees monsoon......AGAIN*

*walks away grumbling*

Last edited:
well, ali rose, there is always the old standby....fake-bake. Also known as insta-cancer. :p

happy solstice!

thanks for clearing that up ABEL.
I heard on the news yesterday an asteroid"the size of a soccer field" Just passed within the moon's orbit of earth. The worry being we didn't detect it until June 17 because it came from the direction of the sun. Another one that got away, thank evans.
The thing that amused me was the size comparison. I think the reporter may have World Cup fever:)
YAY for longer daylight hours imho.

hey cass...yeah I heard something about the asteroid on the news tonight, but I turned on the tv when the story was almost over.

Summer Solstice is special to me cos it markes three days before my favourite holiday of the year. My bday!

Just experienced winter solstice yesterday - bloody freezing and dark just after five and this wont change much for a few months. I'm not a winter person and so am looking foward to holiday in Port Douglas in a couple of weeks - school holidays at last!! Port is in the tropical north & is usually about 26 degrees most days. Summer solstice about 6 months away!

Pamela

Those Blue Mountains of yours must be chilly tonight. I've just got back from an outdoor party(eejit), a wee ball of fruzz. Roll on summer roll on.

Have a warm and fun holiday in the north pamela, bono voyage:cool:

Back
Top Bottom