Happy Robbie Burns Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dub

The Fly
To all the Scots out there, Happy Robbie Burns Day!
I guess you will all be having Haggis for dinner, Yum!

thanks Dub...you just gave me a moment of very pleasant warm fuzzies. My eldest sister used to read Robbie Burns poems to us when I was very little. She loved his poetry.
Is it the 26th January? Same day as Australia Day. I'll make a note and send her a book of his poetry next year. I live near what is called "Australia's Biggest Little Scottish Town" It's wonderful. They are sure to have some Burns memorabilia.

Just thought of my mum too...she ALWAYS said about her name
"it's Byrne, not Burn..Irish not Scottish"
I haven't tried haggis yet. I once was bedazzled by a visiting New Zealand pipe band. I wondered what it was the people at the rear were carrying in the blanket. I was told it was the haggis. I felt a bit scared, like it was about to leap out and make a run for it or something. Very organic.....oats, health food of a nation.

Eh I misread the title of the thread and thought you were talking about "Robbie bums day".

Zoo confessional
I wish thinking about this thread this morning.
I think I got the wrong guy.....it was a long long time ago. I was only 5 when big sis left home, so it has to be over 35 years ago. I think it was Robert Browning poetry she used to read.
RB.The wRongRobbie....forgive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom