Happy President's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Happy President's Day to everyone here in the States, despite the snowstorm here on the east coast. Staying indoors was not my idea of how to spend the holiday. Maybe I can do some little projects here in the house. :|

U2girl91289 said:
What's the point of having a huge snowstorm when there's not even work/school to go to? I like snow, but only when it gets me out of school.

Here where I live ( Pittsburgh) the kids don't get this day off. Also the Governer declared a State of Emergency for PA, so if you don't have to be out don't go.

U2girl91289 said:
What's the point of having a huge snowstorm when there's not even work/school to go to?

I like snow anytime, but I know what you mean-last Friday we didn't have school anyway, and we got a snowstorm-it's always better to have those on days when you know school could be cancelled.

Speaking of snowstorms, by the way, you northeasterners-yeah, your snowstorm makes our snowstorm look puny, god, you guys are so lucky to be getting all that snow!

You've had enough snow for the winter up there, mind giving us some of those huge snowfalls?

Angela

I can't imagine having a day off to celebrate the prime - minister!! I think I would just laugh at the though all day if it were so

we DO have Queen Victorias b-day off though
:shrug:

it's not to celebrate our current president necessarily, more to honor past presidents.

i :heart: presidents day. why you may ask?

well, i'll tell ya:

i am pretty much the only one of my group of friends that goes to a public university. public universities are state run. that means we get state holidays like martin luther king jr day, columbus day, and presidents day off of school. pay less, more vacations. :up:

It's a great day to have off here in Southern Cali. It finally stopped raining!!! Gosh I really am not used to so much rain at one time like we had last week. As for you guys in the East Coast, just be warm and don't get sick!hehe!:lol: :wave:

Moonlit_Angel said:

I like snow anytime, but I know what you mean-last Friday we didn't have school anyway, and we got a snowstorm-it's always better to have those on days when you know school could be cancelled.

Speaking of snowstorms, by the way, you northeasterners-yeah, your snowstorm makes our snowstorm look puny, god, you guys are so lucky to be getting all that snow!

You've had enough snow for the winter up there, mind giving us some of those huge snowfalls?

Angela

Gladly :D

Lilly said:
i am pretty much the only one of my group of friends that goes to a public university. public universities are state run. that means we get state holidays like martin luther king jr day, columbus day, and presidents day off of school. pay less, more vacations. :up:

I go to a public university, and the only holiday we get off besides Thanksgiving is Martin Luther King Jr Day. No joke. :down:

i go to a public university, we had off today, and classes got cancelled for tomorrow cos snow has been dumping out of the sky in great big heaps all day long and isn't showing any signs of stopping soon

Back
Top Bottom