Happy Mardi Gras Sydney folks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Is anyone going this year? I think im over going. Something about the crowds...lol

I'm betting if Tyler goes he will fall drunkenly under or on top of, one of the floats
biggrin.gif

*resists temptation to post last bad Mardi Gras experience even though it has U2 content*

biggrin.gif

------------------
"I think, therefore I um..."

*ahem*
I shall be attending tomorrow evening, and I do intend on having 'one or two', however I am an extremely mature and responsible drinker and shall take no part in any naughtiness and I am deeply offended by any suggestions otherwise.
Where's that edible frock I was going to wear.

I have sources.
I hear that there is actually a Tyler Durden float this year.
Apparently his arms are doing something naughty.

ZA<---started applying eye make up at midday today, hope I get it finished in time.

Is that why it's raining? Old Fred Nile been doing his rain dance again?
I didn't realise the Mardi Gras was this weekend.
I just happened to buy a stack of old videos and finally watched one this week "wigstock" great doco,imho. Intelligent, talented people. Some brilliant performances. So many.... too many, are gone. AIDS hasn't been around long, but crikes it's extracted a sad toll.
I seem to recall ZooTV, Sonia Dada, The Mardi Gras and the first Mind Spirit and Body Festival at Darling Harbour were all on in Sydney during the same week. I shoulda oughta gone...like Slane 2001.
The Mardi Gras started out following a wrongful arrest and a bunch of people gathered and marched up the street to demand their brother/sister be released.It sure has grown into a spectacular bigger than Ben Her
smile.gif

Have fun musiclovers, turn the beat around...

PS: I also hired Tomb Raider to watch this week for the first time. The lady said grab a second video for free.I had to choose in a hurry, picked "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and watched it on Tuesday. I didn't know it was nominated for a Grammy. What a coincidence/surprise. So nice to see/hear emmylou last night ...and U2!!

Mirror ball earrings 2 U all.

The Recovery Party?
**cass hands out bottles of water, the darkest fly shades you ever did see, band-aids and peppermint footsoak**
That's the worst post mardi gras injury I've seen, seriously blistered feet from 48 hours in teetering gold strappy sandals.Well one broken heart too, but that did mend eventually.
Double or nothing...go for it!
Did it rain?

Back
Top Bottom