Happy Groundhog Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Phil the Groundhog from Punxsutawney PA, ( 45 mintues from where I live), has seen his shadow. Oh great :scream:, six more weeks of winter. I am so ready for spring after this nasty winter we are having so far.

Does that Groundhog Day really exist?! :ohmy: I thought it was just a joke someone told me once. :ohmy: Then that movie with Bill Murray isn't a joke as well?!? :crazy:

Or is that entire thread a joke? :uhoh:

I forgot it was groundhog day too :ohmy:

Happy Groundhog Day!
mainphoto_sixweeks.jpg

http://www.groundhog.org/

FallingStar said:
Does that Groundhog Day really exist?! :ohmy: I thought it was just a joke someone told me once. :ohmy: Then that movie with Bill Murray isn't a joke as well?!? :crazy:

Or is that entire thread a joke? :uhoh:

In deed it does Fallingstar. I live about 30 miles from Punxsutawney PA where Phil the groundhog lives. I'ts a big event for a small town of 6000 people. There was a dinner last night and the Governer of the PA was the keynote speaker. Last year's event drew a crowd of over 30 thousand people.

Groundhog day always is on February the 2nd. And yes part of the movie with Bill Murray was shot in Punxsutawney. :yes:

tiny dancer said:

In deed it does Fallingstar. I live about 30 miles from Punxsutawney PA where Phil the groundhog lives. I'ts a big event for a small town of 6000 people. There was a dinner last night and the Governer of the PA was the keynote speaker. Last year's event drew a crowd of over 30 thousand people.

Groundhog day always is on February the 2nd. And yes part of the movie with Bill Murray was shot in Punxsutawney. :yes:
:ohmy:

My view of the world is shattered. :crazy:

I thought it was just a movie. :crazy:

You can't go wrong when you've got a holiday based on a superstition and a large roadent-like animal. Well, I guess it's not technically a holiday because no one gets off from work or school. Although since it's Sunday this year, that part doesn't really matter.

How old is Phil? or is it Phil Jr...the 26th or something?
Reminds me of "carrot" the budgie on the "Vicar of Dibley".

We have ants to tell us if it's going to rain maybe and storm birds....and bandicoots, but nothing as exciting as groundhog day.
**cass knits beanies for the people up north**
it' ll be spring before you know it.

cass said:
How old is Phil? or is it Phil Jr...the 26th or something?
Reminds me of "carrot" the budgie on the "Vicar of Dibley".

We have ants to tell us if it's going to rain maybe and storm birds....and bandicoots, but nothing as exciting as groundhog day.
**cass knits beanies for the people up north**
it' ll be spring before you know it.

I think that they keep the same groundhog until he dies, and then replaces with a new one. :tongue:

In Canada we have Wiarton Willy, and from what I hear, he didn't see his shadow, so Spring has sprung for us Canucks!

Back
Top Bottom