Happy Father's Day!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!

Extra special happy Father's Day to my daddy, the greatest guy in the whole world!!!!!!! You've always been there for me!!!!! Thanks for everything, including but not limited to:

~Huggin' me when I cry
~Teachin' me to throw a football (even though I still suck at sports!)
~Teachin' me how to drive
~Givin' me kisses
~Teachin' me to bake banana bread
~Tellin' me you love me everyday at least like 5 or 6 times!
~Fixin' my car
~Spoilin' me rotten but still teachin' me the value of a dollar and hard work
~Checkin' for monsters in my closet and under the bed
~Pickin' me up when I was 19, out of town, and drunk at 3 a.m. and just tellin' me you loved me and were glad I was safe
~Tuckin' me in
~Bringin' me magazines, meds, and cold wash cloths when I'm sick
~Lettin' me have my pets and takin' care of them
~Helpin' me study
~Puttin' Barbie's head back on her body when it popped off
~Makin' me laugh
~Blowin' on my cuts and scrapes after puttin' that stingy medicine on them
~Readin' stories to me...includin' the copyright pages and stuff because I wanted to hear the WHOLE story! :D
~Buyin' me my first U2 CD
~Takin' me to see U2 twice
~Lovin' me

All you daddies out there...celebrate your day!!!!! To the fathers who have left the planet, God Bless.

Last edited:
:heart: Beautiful Bonochick!!

Happy Father's Day.... my dad made me the woman I am today!! Now my youngest sis is leaving high school and I know he'll be lonely with all the girls gone!! Football season with my brother I'm sure can't come fast enough!

And my dad he quoted Bono when he was talking about the AIDS tragedy in Africa in his health class! and he listens to me drone on and watches the videos I make him watch!! :love: now that's love!! lol!

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's here, too!! And to Bono!

oh yeah!!
*writes reminder note to phone dad!*

My fondest memories are of him always reading me and my brother to sleep.
I was so young, but yet I have such vivid recollections of it! I get all nostalgic whenever I see those old books.
god bless Dr.Suess!

My father is currently in the hospital with pneumonia that he contracted as a result from cancer-induced weakness of his immune system. *sorry, that was a little wordy* It is so hard to see him like this...I still see him as the guy who took his little tomboy to baseball games and read Dr. Seuss with me. I would not be who I am today without Dad.

"Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
I don't want to see you cry
But I know that this is not good-bye."

(((((senrab)))))))
I'm sorry to hear that about your father. Hopefully you can remember the good times you had and not how things are now this Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the Interference dads!

I'm surprised more folks don't want to add any Father's Day wishes!

I took Dad out to dinner yesterday, and we went to the zoo today. I also gave him some of his favorite cologne. It was a beautiful day! :)

Anybody else do anything special?

Well said Bonochick..

I think Chris Rock put it perfectly in his BiggerBetter standup about Fathers!

We cooked Steaks and 'Soul Brother's Corn for dinner today.. Couldn't risk going out to dinner and missing Phil Mickleson's Championship Run.. I hope..

Kudos to the Fathers, and may they enjoy the Golf on TV today!

L.Unplugged

I celebrated Father's day in the same way that I do every year, I attended the Northwest Microbrewery Festival and drank lotsa beer with my Dad. The festival is held outdoors in a beautiful park. I just got back and I am a bit tipsy at the moment so I think I will take a nap. G'night.

Lets see...woke up to my kids bringing me a big glass of chocolate milk and toast. Opened some cards from them .We all went to brunch w/ my family and my brothers family and our parents. Went back home, my wife started preparing dinner for my in-laws and her brother's family..Lotsa food and beer today. Had a great time. Great to be a Dad.

First, I brought my dad kolaches and donuts to eat for breakfast. Then I gave him the verrrrrrry nice golf shoes and gloves I bought for him earlier this week. We went shopping at a furniture store and he bought himself some stuff. Then we went home and I made him a homemade pizza with "Hap F Day" written on in pepperoni, since I didn't have enough to write the whole thing :rolleyes:

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad, and all the Interference dads! :lol:

Thank you.

Giant Lemon said:
(((((senrab)))))))
I'm sorry to hear that about your father. Hopefully you can remember the good times you had and not how things are now this Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all the Interference dads!

Back
Top Bottom