Happy Birthday U2democrat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
:applaud:

Thanks everybody!

I do believe all the bases have been covered...y'all know me so well :D

Too bad I hardly slept last night due to excitement for The Police/nerves because I register for classes in 15 minutes, and as I was finally able to doze off around 4am my Indiana Jones poster fell on my head :angry:

But I can't be too upset because in 12 hours I'll be going nuts! :hyper:
At least its a nice sight to wake up too :wink:

Turning 21 and seeing the Police in the same day?!?!? It's too much for this old chick - I'll leave it to you whipper snappers! :lol:

Happiest Birthday wishes Laura!!!! :dancing: Don't overdo it! :shame: :D

Thanks SO much everybody!

As cheesy as it may sound but going through this thread leaves me with a big grin on my face :D

I don't even know where to begin describing last night's concert.
Our seats were for the 4th level, the nosebleeds, row N. We arrived at our section after going up 4 flights of escalators when a woman came up to us and asked us if we would like to sit in the 1st section. My parents and I hesitated wondering if it were some sort of scam but it was legit, so we traded our tickets free of charge.

We arrived at our new seats....right next to the stage!!!!!!! The view couldn't have been better except maybe for front row center. We looked up at where we would have been sitting and were in awe. We paid $53 per ticket and were sitting in the $300 section!!

Sting's son's band Fiction Plane came on first and they were great, then they said they were signing autographs right outside of where we were sitting, so I went out and got in line. Joe Sumner, Sting's son, was such a wonderful guy! He shook my hand and asked how I was doing, I told him it was my 21st birthday and that I was celebrating by coming to see him and his Dad. He got SO excited, wished me happy birthday, told me to rock on, and that birthdays only get better from here. :cute: He's also the spitting image of his father.

I then went back to my seat, and before long came 3 of the greatest musicians to ever walk the planet.

They played SO many songs, I was absolutely blown away. Stewart Copeland seemed to get the most cheers from the way he was running back and forth between drum kits. They played with the energy that they had 30 years ago, they were phenomenal.

Needless to say, I had a good birthday :D

Awwwwwww Im happy that you had such a great time Laura :hug: Incredible that you and your parent's ended up with amazing seats the way you did! :ohmy:

Btw I bet meeting Sting's sons was one of the best presents you could receive :wink: He sounds like a really nice guy :)

U2democrat said:
Thanks SO much everybody!

As cheesy as it may sound but going through this thread leaves me with a big grin on my face :D

I don't even know where to begin describing last night's concert.
Our seats were for the 4th level, the nosebleeds, row N. We arrived at our section after going up 4 flights of escalators when a woman came up to us and asked us if we would like to sit in the 1st section. My parents and I hesitated wondering if it were some sort of scam but it was legit, so we traded our tickets free of charge.

We arrived at our new seats....right next to the stage!!!!!!! The view couldn't have been better except maybe for front row center. We looked up at where we would have been sitting and were in awe. We paid $53 per ticket and were sitting in the $300 section!!

Sting's son's band Fiction Plane came on first and they were great, then they said they were signing autographs right outside of where we were sitting, so I went out and got in line. Joe Sumner, Sting's son, was such a wonderful guy! He shook my hand and asked how I was doing, I told him it was my 21st birthday and that I was celebrating by coming to see him and his Dad. He got SO excited, wished me happy birthday, told me to rock on, and that birthdays only get better from here. :cute: He's also the spitting image of his father.

I then went back to my seat, and before long came 3 of the greatest musicians to ever walk the planet.

They played SO many songs, I was absolutely blown away. Stewart Copeland seemed to get the most cheers from the way he was running back and forth between drum kits. They played with the energy that they had 30 years ago, they were phenomenal.

Needless to say, I had a good birthday :D
Sounds like quite a night.

Happy birthday.

U2democrat said:

I paid $93, but snuck over to the $228 section next to stage at Verizon too - most of my row was empty.

POLICE2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom