Happy Birthday U2@NYC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2@NYC said:

We were debating about it with my wife today... we have people over on Friday but tonight we were thinking about Sushi Taro, maybe our favorite sushi place ever...

Any other suggestions from an experienced DCer?

yum ... i love sushi taro.

as for places to hang out afterwards ... i like Cafe Citron and it has good music, but it gets crowded and the Persian Mafia vibe is a bit overwhelming later in the evening. that, and you'll pay a criminal $7 for a vodka tonic.

i like most places on U Street and have been to more than one b-day party on the roof at Local 16; if you want to venture north to Mt. Pleasant and hang with all the hipster kids (that's my hood) then i recommend Tonic or Wonderland (11th and Kenyon ... safe, i promise).

thinking about it ... my new "discovery" is Bossa on the strip on 18th just north of U. it's got a sort of Orient Express vibe, and terrific lighting, and it's very lounge-y as well. highly recommended.

if you really want to do up a meal, and you've got a bunch of people, i can't recommend Marakkesch highly enough. huge room, tons of Moroccan food, you sit on pillows, and there's a belly dancer who balances a sword on her head.

Zitanya in the Penn Quarter is very cool as well -- Greek/Turkish tapas.

have a great time!

Fete08.gif

neutral said:

Yeah I've seen the link, it's in at least 8 threads now. :crack:

:lol: U2Man seems to be promoting the heck out of it!!!

Happy Birthday, U2@NYC! (Pablo? :wave: )

I dance in your honor!

:dance:

Feliz cumple atrasado Pablo!

espero que la hayas pasado bien!

Y no me digas que no extrañaste los chizitos, los palitos, las papas fritas, los sangüichitos de miga, los alfajores de maizena....lol

Si, ya se, muy de cumpleaños de 5 años, pero es lo que em gusta1

:wink:

Irvine511 said:

yum ... i love sushi taro.

as for places to hang out afterwards ... i like Cafe Citron and it has good music, but it gets crowded and the Persian Mafia vibe is a bit overwhelming later in the evening. that, and you'll pay a criminal $7 for a vodka tonic.

i like most places on U Street and have been to more than one b-day party on the roof at Local 16; if you want to venture north to Mt. Pleasant and hang with all the hipster kids (that's my hood) then i recommend Tonic or Wonderland (11th and Kenyon ... safe, i promise).

thinking about it ... my new "discovery" is Bossa on the strip on 18th just north of U. it's got a sort of Orient Express vibe, and terrific lighting, and it's very lounge-y as well. highly recommended.

if you really want to do up a meal, and you've got a bunch of people, i can't recommend Marakkesch highly enough. huge room, tons of Moroccan food, you sit on pillows, and there's a belly dancer who balances a sword on her head.

Zitanya in the Penn Quarter is very cool as well -- Greek/Turkish tapas.

have a great time!

We ended up going to Makoto on MacArthur Blvd... and had a 10-course Japanese meal... awesome... :drool:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Feliz cumple atrasado Pablo!

espero que la hayas pasado bien!

Y no me digas que no extrañaste los chizitos, los palitos, las papas fritas, los sangüichitos de miga, los alfajores de maizena....lol

Si, ya se, muy de cumpleaños de 5 años, pero es lo que em gusta1

:wink:

Gracias, Flavia!

Sandwichitos de miga... :drool:

U2@NYC said:

We ended up going to Makoto on MacArthur Blvd... and had a 10-course Japanese meal... awesome... :drool:

ooooooooooooooooh ... have heard all about that place

sounds wonderful.

glad you had a great time.

Happy Birthday (for yesterday) NYC!!!

fest43.gif

Back
Top Bottom