Happy Birthday martha!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had fun in Palm Springs! It was all of 60 degrees, which can be chilly here in Calif. The desert in winter is just too beautiful; the sky is a special blue-almost translucent, and the mountains are a flat, 2D brown up against that sky. We had Mexican food for lunch, and Elvis (The real one, with black hair and all!) was sitting at the bar. He'd driven up in his red Cadillac convertible. I went nuts and had a raspberry margarita--with real raspberries! Then we went to the Desert Museum to check out some installations. One was by Michael McMillan, which was way cool, and then some work by Andy Goldsworthy. :love: I think I have a new favorite artist!

My baby gave me a beautiful turquoise pendant, and my friends and my baby gave me a shower CD player! :heart:

We had fun. Now it's off to walk the dog and cat, and then settle in to watch a dvd of a Japanese UFO movie from 1956. Do we know how to party or what!? :wink:

:heart: martha, my dear!:heart: Happy belated birthday! I've just returned from West Texas and you crossed my mind several times as we drove through those gorgeous landscapes listening to Joshua Tree. In fact, I was wishing I had your address with me so I could send a post card. We saw the Marfa Mystery Lights (again); thought we had a UFO experience only to discover that there was a 'rational' explanation :angry: ; had lunch in one of the few unspoiled border towns in Mexico--Ojinaga; had our car searched by Border Patrol several times; drove through Terlingua which was creepily reminiscent of a David Lynch movie set; got massages in Alpine; got pulled over for speeding; and all-in-all had a surreal trip you would have approved of. You and The Man have to get back down there. Sounds like you had a great birthday. :wave: :kiss:

Sorry I'm late! Must have missed this while traveling, but I hope you had a wonderful, fantabulous birthday! You rock, martha! :hug:

martha said:

You were just inches away from Big Bend. Check it out next time!

Yeah, that was the plan but my friend was getting stir crazy being in the car so much so we decided to wait til next time. I think to do Big Bend right you do just it and now that I've seen everything around it, I can go straight there next time.

Back
Top Bottom