Happy Birthday Jamila

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Happy Birthday, I hope you only gain strength in fighting the good fight as this ball of rock moves around that big fusing ball of hydrogen.

Thank you so much, A_Wanderer, for this - I certainly wasn't expecting it.

I know we are on complete opposite sides of the philosophical spectrum (and halfway around the world from each other), but I have hopefully sensed a basic level of respect from you that I TRULY appreciate. :up:

I know I'm not "Miss Popularity" and I can live with that - my only concerns when posting especially in FYM is to try the best I can to give voice to those opinions of people who do not always have access to our forums because they live in situations of extreme poverty and can't always voice their own opinions.

I play the devil's advocate to shake the tree of our own parochialism and (sometimes) misunderstandings. But I try not to personalize the debate or, if the debate gets off on the wrong foot, to stay "stuck in the moment". :wink:

As many who are in FYM know I am deeply involved in several organizations that are knee-deep in the Global AIDs and extreme poverty struggle, so my time to spend in forums is limited.

But I do want to thank everyone who will publicly wish me well on my forty-something birthday :lmao: and even to those who will wish me the best but may not publicly post your wishes.

U2 has taught me to try my best to be a person of Grace - to try to extend Love and peace to the world and to forgive others as I ask to be forgiven.
:hug:

I hope that I can live up to that standard.

U2 is the glue that binds us - let's ALL try to be more worry of their trust in us.

:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Jamila said:

I know I'm not "Miss Popularity" and I can live with that - my only concerns when posting especially in FYM is to try the best I can to give voice to those opinions of people who do not always have access to our forums because they live in situations of extreme poverty and can't always voice their own opinions.

As many who are in FYM know I am deeply involved in several organizations that are knee-deep in the Global AIDs and extreme poverty struggle, so my time to spend in forums is limited.

Happy Birthday, Jamila!! The world is blessed to have you and your beautiful heart. I know your compassion leads you to wade deep into an uphill battle that at most times can seem very daunting....in the words of Winston Churchill, "Never never never give up."

I hope your birthday brings you much joy. We here at Interference are lucky to have you and I for one am inspired by your dedication to your interests...be it U2 or world issues. :heart:

Thnak you all very much for remembering me. I am still truly touched. :wink:

There was one PM that someone had tried to send me but because I still haven't been able to become a Premium member, I couldn't retrieve it.

If you're still interested in reaching me, you can email me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com

ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE BONO! :lmao:

OK - I deserved ONE Birthday wish.....:bono: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom