Happy Birthday Hugh Jarse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
leah!

i love the post of hers i just read in io.

it was like, why am i here, i'm in italy, ciao!

i can't wait when she gets back to ask her about the food. :drool:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Male_butt_1.jpg

:sick:

Rome was amazing, expesive but amazing. The weather was glorious. Mid 50's. :drool: Lots of history :nerd: stuff for me to take in.

Our hotel in Torino was a hell hole. And by hell hole I mean we referred to it as "the orphanage." It was really bad. Good thing we were usually to tired to notice.

We talked about sundries on a daily basis. We rode the train daily (to and from the mountain venues :drool: ) We stopped to pick up sundries almost every time. :hyper:

The olympic experience was insane. It's too bad that Italian TV coverage blew. We had no idea what was going on while we were there! We got lots of exercise going to and from events. The worst part was being on busses with people with little to no hygiene. :yuck: Apparently soap and deorderant and not a part of some peoples' daily lives.

It's hard to pick a favorite event but my top 3 have to be bobsled, short track speed skating, and men's freestyle aerials. I was completely in awe of the mountain venues.

We saw Apolo Ono win a gold medal in speed skating and heard the national anthem. We met his dad after. :D The 4 of us were decked out in USA gear. (scarves, bandanas, hats, flags etc.) woo-hoo! The only beer served was Budweiser. It didn't stop us. :drunk: In fact, after a night out we overslept and missed cross-country skiing. :reject: Believe it or not, that was the second most expensive ticket we had.

Northern Italian food is unreal. I had 2 of the best meals of my life in Torino. Worst part of eating in Italy was the price of pop and water. Cans of pop were at least 2.5 Euros and water was not free at restaurants. :(

I can't wait for Vancouver!

: olympicassclown :

Back
Top Bottom