Happy Autumnal Equinox (Northern Hemisphere)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Autumnal Equinox Sep 23 2002 12:56 AM EDT

Day and night are exactly 12 hours long :yes:

EQUINOX
The time when night and day are of equal length in all parts of the Earth. The word equinox comes from a Latin word meaning "equal night." Spring equinox: the beginning of spring, often called the vernal equinox. Vernal means "of spring." It occurs on March 20th or 21st. Autumnal equinox: the beginning of autumn. It occurs on September 22nd or 23rd.

http://kids.msfc.nasa.gov/news/2002/news-autumnalequinox.asp

and a Happy first day of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere :)

now i have night & day in my head...

Ooh, fun! I :heart: autumn...my favorite season...
And meegannie, on your birthday too! :D I want an autumnal equinox on my birthday...:slant:

I love your posts like these ABEL!

Happy Autumnal Days everyone!

foliage-4.jpg

to you too

I was thinking of you yesterday ABEL.
It is dry dry dry here and getting hotter, so that is causing some interesting (and dangerous) meterological phenomenom. A big black electrical storm moved in from the north just as I had to drive to get the kids from the school bus. WILD, fork lightning, very much like in my avatar over there, a rainbow and the weirdest little pure white clouds I ever did see ( won't tell you what they looked like,don't wanna start THAT up again...but they did, white lemons!)
So yah....spring has sprung in Oz. Prayers for rain would be appreciated.
All the 2's. We have lived on out piece of land for 22 years and never run out of water. We have about 2 weeks supply left. We have 2 weeks school holiday soon. We are going to spend it digging...for water...I can hardly wait...well I do need toning up, but that's not quite what I had in mind.

Anyway ...weather..I:heart: it.
"the leaves of brown came tumbling down.....remember that September..."
Enjoy it up there...I like autumn.

cloudimani said:
or when we have 24 hours of night-time in Belfast :lol:

Its quite bright- fricken cold in the mornings tho- u should see yer old skool its soooo weird now!!!! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom