Happy Adventure, Newfoundland, Canada Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT.

thecrewforashley.jpg

This was not quoted on the previous page!

(Going by 10 per page anyway. Respect is metric!)

Guys, my Uni magazine gave NLOTH a mediocre review. I am in the process of writing back right now. Should I include a drawing? The reviewer states "Bono was sexy once". I am thinking that a drawing of tuf bono would be more than enough to disprove this.

It's counterfeit.

:depressed:
WHAT.

This was not quoted on the previous page!

(Going by 10 per page anyway. Respect is metric!)

Respect is 30 per page over here :madspit:

Guys, my Uni magazine gave NLOTH a mediocre review. I am in the process of writing back right now. Should I include a drawing? The reviewer states "Bono was sexy once". I am thinking that a drawing of tuf bono would be more than enough to disprove this.

Doooo ittt :drool:

People read university magazines?

Knowing some of the contributers to Melbourne University's magazine, I wouldn't touch that with a forty foot barge pole.

I approve so much.

People read university magazines?

Knowing some of the contributers to Melbourne University's magazine, I wouldn't touch that with a forty foot barge pole.

Haha, I actually grabbed a Flinders Uni mag yesterday when I was up there, not that I go there, but they have a fine library and since my student card is outdated, I can't hire anything from my Tafe's library. So anyway. Yeah, it wasn't a great magazine, just talked about Womad and koalas and stuff. It was mainly pictures, which surprised me, even though I would expect that from a uni magazine from basically any other state.

Oh, ours is rather good actually!

All the people I've encountered who write in ours are pretentious socially dysfunctional wannabe-hipsters who think literary criticism is a valid form of academia.

All the people I've encountered who write in ours are pretentious socially dysfunctional wannabe-hipsters who think literary criticism is a valid form of academia.

Well, if there wasn't a bit of that it wouldn't really be a uni magazine :wink: But there are usually some good articles too, and the quality is pretty high.

Well, if there wasn't a bit of that it wouldn't really be a uni magazine :wink: But there are usually some good articles too, and the quality is pretty high.

Literary criticism is academia for people who aren't intelligent enough to get into real academia.

Or, for that matter, learn to read.

Literary criticism is academia for people who aren't intelligent enough to get into real academia.

Or, for that matter, learn to read.

This is true. Still, it can make for some amusing WTF reading sometimes. Especially when they take themselves so seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom