Happy 66th Birthday John Lennon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Today would have been John Lennon's 66th birthday (and is his son Sean's 31st birthday). Happy birthday John, thank you for everything you did and gave.

Share your favorite John Lennon stories, memories, songs, anything here in honor of the great man.

JohnLennon.jpg

I'd just like to say thanks for your music and your tireless efforts for peace and equality in the world. You'd be happy to know that there are others who are trying to carry your torch in pursuit of these dreams....Bono from U2 being one of them.

Your music still inspires me and I wish you were still here.

They are screening Yellow Submarine and having a Lennon Singalong at the Alamo Drafthouse tonight.

Last June, we celebrated Paul McCartney’s 64th birthday with a Beatles sing-along party. This October, John Lennon would be celebrating his 66th birthday, and so we decided that a man who managed to make the whole world pause and contemplate giving peace a chance deserves his own sing-along party as well. We’ll be building on the songs we had in the last Beatles Sing-Along (focusing exclusively on tracks that showcase Lennon’s songwriting prowess), and we’ll be going further along into his solo career, too. Because even though it’s officially the season of Halloween, we can all use a little bit of dreaming of a Happy Christmas, when War Is Over.

Mayhaps I'll go.

The world would be a much better place with John Lennon! :up:

I'm going to get tarred and feathered for this, but he really didn't do *that* much for the peace movement. He wrote a few songs, appeared at a few protests (including the bed-in thing, which was just as much about self-promotion, IMO). Many other artists from back in the day did the same thing.

The one thing that particular group probably is responsible for, though, is for infusing the idea that celebrities can get involved, paving the way for people like Bono, who are actually hands-on.

Nonetheless, he did make some great music.

Re: Happy Birthday John Lennon

Laird/Bono said:
Happy Birthday John.... we miss you and you were right...
:sexywink:
...All You Need is love.

:love:

John%20Lennon%20Peace-785705.jpg

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Re: Re: Happy Birthday John Lennon

Happy Xmas (War is Over)

(Happy Xmas Kyoko
Happy Xmas Julian)

So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

And so this is Xmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Xmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear

And so this is Xmas
And what have we done
Another year over
A new one just begun
And so happy Xmas
We hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Without any fear
War is over, if you want it
War is over now

:sad:

Shame on me for missing this thread earlier but i want to say love to John forever, he's my ultimate idol alongside Bono! :love:

I feel that they both would have got on so well, bless 'em both :heart: :bow:

Happy 66th John, wherever you are! :love:

VertigoGal said:
I missed this thread, but John=:bow: :heart:

can't stop listening to Jealous Guy lately

:shocked: you read my mind :love:

missed this thread too, haven't been on in awhile :(

when i saw U2 last december in Buffalo, it had been 25 years and one day since John had been killed and U2 had been performing in Buffalo the night he was killed in 1980 , so it was a very nostalgic night :heart: i have to admit that hearing "Instant Karma!" that night performed by U2 made me into a John fan :bow:

Bono summed it up perfectly before they started the song: "Here's one of the great ones, by the great one......." :heart: :bow:

Back
Top Bottom