Hansie Cronje dead at 32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
I guess the debate is how shall we remember him. I think Ill try to remember him as the fine cricketer he was and for the constructive things he did for South Africa as they were reintroduced to International cricket after Apartheid. A terrible shame that he gave in to the dollar, but as others have said his main crime was probably that he was caught, unlike the many others mooted to have been working with the bookies over the years...

hansie.jpg

Angela Harlem said:
His main crime was that he was caught?

Are you not guilty unless caught or something?

Well i was trying to imply that there have been others whove prolly done much worse than Hansie ever did but were never apprehended, players who havent been stricken from the records or banned for life...Salim Malik and Mohammed Azharuddin come to mind, or even someone like Mark Waugh.

Of course there are betty. I just didnt know what you meant with the worst thing was his being caught...tis all. Anyways, his past mistakes aside, its awful of course when anyone dies, I guess with celebs and sports stars, its felt by so many more.

oh, and I dont want anyone to take this the wrong way, but remember when I was telling you brett, that celebs and anyone well known shouldn't fly???? I dont want anyone to think I'm being flippant here, but think about it. Planes thankfully rarely crash, unfortunately they are usually 100% fatal. But its not often they do crash, yet so many celebs die while flying...the statistics on this cant be good. I havent added it up, but just thinking about the number of singers etc who have died over time, vs the numbers of major plane accidents...it just seems too common...I'm raving and going off topic here...I'll stop.

Well a death, especially an untimely one, is a sad thing. He did the wrong thing , that is for sure, but still, he's a family man I'd guess, so I feel sorry for them.
I'll always think of him as Jonty Rhodes captain from a tour some time ago now. Can't recall, Mark Taylor or even MrAB days?They played great friendly cricket.
We lost our U14 soccer striker and goal keeper (brothers) to cricket this year brettig, you may be pleased to know:) They are allrounders and have chosen cricket as their sport We are getting beaten without them,but I respect their choice. Great game too.

awww cass, sorry its affected your team's fortunes, perhaps u need to put a cricket side together and get them back ;)

Back
Top Bottom