Han Solo appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This to me is the biggest disappointment of the Star Wars prequels: No Han (or Chewie!) Han's attitude, his swagger, and I think easily one of the best actors in any Sci Fi/Fantasy flick ever. I never liked Luke much, because, well, Han was the man! I always got the not-so-really-but-I-have-to-make-it-seem-like-I'm-reluctant hero. You know he loved the spotlight, but at the same time, he was waaay too practical.

han.jpg

Oh gawd, he sure is!!!!!!
eek.gif
But then, i always have had a waekness for pilots!!!
biggrin.gif

"His name was Solo..He was a pilot...With a blaster at his side and a smile 10 parsecs wide..."

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
He's a hottie.

Definitely. But it's weird, I kind of like Harrison Ford more now than then. I think he's improved with age.

I absolutely love that scene, I think it's in the first movie, where they have a huge fight with some stormtroopers and Han is trying to convince the officers on the other end of the speaker that there's no problem: "We had a weapons malfunction, but everything's fine...here...now." Eventually he shoots the speaker and says "Boring conversation anyway." I heard that that was unscripted, Harrison Ford just ad-libbed it.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

He does look better now than he did back then, scatter. That "distinguised" thing, I guess. lol

I loved his whole romance thing with Leia. I forget which one it was, but it was before he was frozen (I am not a SW expert, not even in the slightest-I've seen the original three maybe 2 times each in my lifetime)and she says "I love you", he just looks at her and says, "I know." I was always like, "Damn, what a guy." LOL

Who's scruffy looking? Only the greatest space-pirate this side of Endor.

I don't like the special edition New Hope in which Greedo shoots Solo first. Looks forced and ackward. Solo was sooo much more the bad ass in when he shot Greedo first without question.

BTW, this thread needs some testosterone shot back into it
biggrin.gif

was and still is me fav
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Naya:
Han Solo was my first crush...I was 7 years old. Then it was Indiana Jones.

biggrin.gif

Same Naya
biggrin.gif
You and I seem to have the same taste in men.
Han Solo is the reason to watch Star Wars!
I listed his stripey pants as the item I'd want from a movie in that other thread.

So do you pronounce it Han as in 'an' or Han as in 'arn'? This always bugged me in Star Wars. They never got Han and Leia's names figured out. Some say Lay-ah, others say Lee-ah.

Laff it up fuzzball!

Han Solo is by far the coooooooolest dude ever! With Indiana Jones as next runner up.
biggrin.gif
Harrison, erm, Han has been my favourite since I can't remember when! I can't even count how many times I have seen the Star Wars Trilogy. Very, very many!! Star Wars was my very first movie in the theatre!!
A few years back, being the geek that I am, I had a Star Wars party. It was a lot of fun. Everyone came dressed up as a character and *coughs* the guy I was interested in at the time came as HAN!
biggrin.gif
Yay baby, it was in the bag! lol We wathced all three episodes in one day. I totally recommend that! Great fun.

Now if someone wants to start an Indiana Jones appreciation thread.... I am there!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I actually hold Indy just above Han so....

Well you know Amanda... I didn't want to admit that in a Han Solo appreciation thread... but if we are making confessions here... Yay for Indy!! lol
icon35.gif

sometimes i play star wars trivial pursuit. some of the question cards have little movie stills on the back. Whenever I get a Han photo, i don't put it back in the box...i leave it up for the remainder of the game. To inspire me.

He's a space hottie.

HAN_T_008.JPG

he's so much better than that dweeby Luke!!

Back
Top Bottom