Halloween (2007)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AWESOME!!! The Halloween movies are my favorite as well.

l_7e871541c5c523e9ac1e8e77171d19b5.jpg

That mask has been through A LOT!!!

Saw this during Grindhouse. I expected the worst, as the original Halloween is a classic. I must say though that it actually looks quite good. I can tell Zombie has a respect for the original film, and is just modernizing the story instead of totally revamping it.

Lancemc said:
Saw this during Grindhouse. I expected the worst, as the original Halloween is a classic. I must say though that it actually looks quite good. I can tell Zombie has a respect for the original film, and is just modernizing the story instead of totally revamping it.

I thought the same thing as soon as I found out that there was going to be a new one. Part 8 was just an absolute disaster and a downright disgrace :tsk: At least with this one they found a director who appears to have done this movie quite the justice it deserves. Can't wait! :hyper: Even kept the theme music and the mask intact,excellent job.

The only suitable replacement for Donald Pleasance IS Malcolm McDowell.

I'm glad he's in it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
But is it still a Shatner mask? :hmm:

At first glance it strongly appears to be. If not than they did one hell of a job with coming close to a good match for it!

Interesting tidbit Danielle Harris aka Jamie Lloyd has made her way back into the film. This time around she plays Annie Brackett quite happy about that :up:

Hey, I`ll be in Dublin for Haloween too. I`m going over for the marathon on 29 Oct (to support, not run!!!) then staying till 1st Nov. Will anyone else be in Dublin then? Be great to meet up.

I am SO excited. I LOVE the Halloween movies. When I first heard there would be a new one this year I assumed it would be awful like the last few. But after seeing the trailer..it looks awesome!

MICHAAAAAAEEEELLLLL!!!!

"3 more days til Halloween, Silver Shamrock!!" and that creepy organ music.

Halloween (the first), though is definitely a classic and I watch it every year(my husband likes Jamie Lee!!)

I'll await some reviews on this one, before I decide whether to go or not.

I enjoyed it. You have to take it for what it is, like any horror movie, I think. It's meant to be gory and bloody and there's not to be much of a plot. :wink:

Truth be told, I only saw it because Micky Dolenz is in it. :reject:

I saw it when it first came out. Have to say I was highly disappointed :tsk: Hardly ever do I become disturbed when watching horror movies. This one though had me turning my head away a few times. Also I didn't care for how they made Michael's character sympathetic or what they did with Dr. Loomis. Will say Rob Zombie really put a twist on this movie lol.

Give me the original "Halloween" anytime :up:

The original Halloween, is of course, the classic. :bow:

And the sequels 'Halloween II' and 'Halloween III: Season Of The Witch' are just as GREAT to add to this horror series. :up:

After those 3 ... the other sequels kinda drift off into a category all their own ... a category of ridiculously-stupid. :huh:

Halloween 3 was terrible... anything after the first 2 were terrible actually.

:hmm:
I thought "Halloween III: The Season Of The Witch" was actually pretty good. :up:

Although, it didn't follow the Michael Myers theme, it was incredible how they portrayed
how something that terrible could happen when children put on those Halloween masks. :ohmy:

"WATCH THE MAGIC PUMPKIN" ... indeed !! :no:

There have been 9 installments of the Halloween series so far ...

1) Halloween
2) Halloween II
3) Halloween III: The Season Of The Witch
4) Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
5) Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
6) Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
7) Halloween H20: 20 Years Later
8) Halloween: Resurrection
9) Halloween (2007)

How many more times will they feel it's necessary to continue this ?? :huh:
Even Friday the 13th finally came to an end (although, 8 parts later before that happened) :tsk:

I actually really liked the later parts of 4-7 a lot. My only problem with 7 is that they didn't take it back to Haddonfield. Think that would have been perfect since Jamie Lee was back.

Part 8: :yuck:

MsMofoGone said:
:hmm:
I thought "Halloween III: The Season Of The Witch" was actually pretty good. :up:

Although, it didn't follow the Michael Myers theme, it was incredible how they portrayed
how something that terrible could happen when children put on those Halloween masks. :ohmy:

"WATCH THE MAGIC PUMPKIN" ... indeed !! :no:

They're remaking this one apparently...

Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
They're remaking this one apparently...

Really ?? Is that what the recent 2007 version was ?? (a remake of Halloween III ??) :ohmy:

Or possibly, is the remake another new chapter that they're gonna start on for next year's release ?? :shrug:

I was just wondering. :hmm:

Actually, it would be GREAT if they continued that 3rd installment to find out what happened next. I don't believe they need to remake it. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom