Halftime show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish it was u2 again. Does anyone notice how the nfl likes to use u2 music in alot of their commercials.

The Patriots are now 2-for-2 when "Where The Streets Have No Name" is played at some point during the Super Bowl broadcast and 0-for-1 when it is not. Draw your own conclusions.

Uh, was the boob shot intentional? I wasn't paying attention.

It was pathetic

Wow, Janet showed her breast :yawn: classy

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance."

Last edited:
Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Does anybody believe that? 'Cause if they do, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm trying to sell.

Janet obviously doesn't put as much stock in plastic surgery as Michael. :ohmy:
On a side note: do you think the exposed boob was an attempt to deflect attention away from her Hugh Jass?
Notice she always wears something covering Hugh?

If she had not planned to expose her breast, then what was with the fancy "throwing-staresque" nipple ring? I can't imagine people really wear things like that unless they have "plans".

cydewaze said:
If she had not planned to expose her breast, then what was with the fancy "throwing-staresque" nipple ring? I can't imagine people really wear things like that unless they have "plans".

True. A girl in my office said wearing at thing like that would be VERY uncomfortable. You'd only wear it to show it off.

cydewaze said:

I have a video clip of the boob shot :tongue:

The NFL sucks. They won't have U2, but naked boobs are just fine :down:

i don't believe the nfl had plans to allow boobies...

there was an article on espn.com that quoted a senior nfl executive as saying that he "doubts mtv will ever be allowed to produce the half time show again."

and thank god for that

You'd think that one BOOB in the Jackson family was enough but now TWO BOOBS!!!

Next, we're gonna hear Jermaine yelling that this whole half-time show was "a lynching of his sister!"

Followed by a parade of Nation of Islam members crying out for NFL heads to roll due to their "Exploitation" of Sister Jackson!

:|

Not to mention the fact, if it's true that they turned down Bono's request for the AIDS/American Prayer segment

Yes, that fiasco was so much more important and entertaining :rolleyes:

Remember when U2 DIDN'T lip-synch? I liked Beyonce's anthem, which I don't believe was lip-synching. She looked classy too

Yes, it was an "accident", that's why she's wearing this metal pasty thing, whatever that is :hmm:

capt.sge.gnd82.020204151434.photo00.default-350x274.jpg

Her choreographer said before the game there would be "shocking moments"

And if it were an accident, wouldn't she then be covering her little fella with her hand until she could run off stage in humility?

Her boobie saw its shadow by the way... 6 more weeks of winter.

what REALLY sucked is that CBS didn't show the "other" nudity....they guy who stripped odwn to a g-string (out of a referee uniform) right before the second half kick-off. He did a little dance in front of the football before he was arrested.

But, this too could have been coordinated by MTV.

We can put rovers on Mars, but we do not have the technology to prevent clothing "malfunctions".....

I thought we did...aren't most "live" events shown on TV with a 5-second delay for precisely this reason?

Only if you are caught off-guard by the unexpected display of, uh, "talent". CBS knew what was happening and is trying to attract a younger audience.

Back
Top Bottom