Half Life : THE BEST GAME ON EARTH !!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IvanClaytonJnr

War Child
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Bah. Deus Ex is like System Shock 2.5 (Although I admit it's a great game)
smile.gif

Ivan - do you have Blue Shift? I was thinking of buying it since it comes with Opposing Force, but haven't yet. I'm wondering if I should...

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Half Life really sucks. The Team Fortress add-on is great, though.

But nothing can top the CounterStrike add-on. It's practically taken on a life of its own.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I love Deus Ex! great story, great fun! Can't wait for the sequel. I haven't played any Deus Ex multiplayer so i don't know what it's like that way. strikes me as being a strange game to play multi.

I don't get much time for games.. but when I do Deus Ex is the best single player. I also love Age of Kings and am looking forward to the sequel Age of Mythology.

Did someone say "games?"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Half life is great, but some of those levels were just too damned hard. It did give me the creeps tho, much like Alien vs Predator but the controls were so outlandish the game was near impossible.

Alice was an incredible game, trippy graphics, slick narration and twisted story line guaranteed to freak someone out. Max Payne is a good one, very creepy, plays like a graphic novel, and has a goofy ending. Another one worth mentioning is Clive Barker's "Undying" with it's nightmarish story and forboding graphics that make even the most avid game player jump.

First person shooter honors for me go with Quake I and Quake 2. Quake 3 is loads of fun if you like running around aimlessly and shooting things (it's a great stress reliever) and Quake 3 TDM and CTF is fun because there is some team work involved.

Next up for first person shooter games would have to be Unreal. My only complaint with Unreal is that the maps, although they are gorgeous, were designed by different people so there wasn't a whole lot of gameplay flow - and there were so bugs in the game as well which, after the 5 millionth try at getting out of a situation, became tiresome to say the least. Unreal Tournament is a lot of fun online and less buggy than its predecessor, but I just never got into it as much as Quake.

I am looking forward to Doom 3 - finally a single player shoot em up game with a decent story line, and incredible graphics, unlike any the game world has ever seen, to boot. Can't wait!

Big thumbs up to Counter Strike, incredible add on...and one of the best multi-player experiences

also, Operation Flashpoint, a fantastic underated title!

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
i still like DOOM 1,2 he he
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 10-18-2001).]

Me too!! I dug up my old copy of Doom 1 a few months ago and played it. I can't believe how hard I thought that game was when I first started playing it... what was it, 7 years ago? Now it's so easy even on the Nightmare level, despite not being able to look up and down.

Hey, I remember the first time I encountered those "ropes" hanging from the ceiling. (I'm sure all Half-Life players can sympathize.)

System Shock 2 - That's a SCARY game. I had to turn the sound off because I was getting so nervous
smile.gif

But nothing can top the CounterStrike add-on. It's practically taken on a life of its own.

Counterstrike is only fun if you have a blazing fast system and someting better than a 56K.

Those of us too poor for either shouldn't even bother with it.

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
Me too!! I dug up my old copy of Doom 1 a few months ago and played it. I can't believe how hard I thought that game was when I first started playing it... what was it, 7 years ago? Now it's so easy even on the Nightmare level, despite not being able to look up and down.

A lot of a great game in a VERY small package , year it's much more easy , but still very entertaining .

Speaking of System Shock 2 , i still have nightmares about these sound fucking zombies
wink.gif

Originally posted by Squid:
Ivan - do you have Blue Shift? I was thinking of buying it since it comes with Opposing Force, but haven't yet. I'm wondering if I should...

It's all right , a VERY little game for 30 dollars , cute levels , no big bosses , Opposing force was much better . but if you liked HL,+ add-on - multiplayer - stuff you'll like it , first Half Life : Hard , second Opposing force : medium , third one Blue Shift : Easy , we're talking about single player
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom