Hairspray - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #31
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 06:41 PM
i loved the original one but i'm afraid to see this one. i have something against john travolta that i can't quite put my finger on. i guess because i don't think he's made a good movie in a long time.

and to read he's butchered the baltimore accent? i'm not from there, but all of my family is and despite almost all of them no longer living there, they all still have it. i don't think i could stand hearing someone screw that up

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 08-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:41 PM
Travolta was so bad it was a distraction for me. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to do. He was just miscast and what the hell was the director doing when Travolta was being so weird?

I thought the film was okay but I got bored quickly and, frankly, almost left. I did walk out of "Dream Girls" so I guess I just don't like musicals on film, with the exception of "Chicago," "Evita" and most recently, the beautiful, "Once." I wanted to like it and with the exception of Travolta everyone was great and it was really well-done, but it's one of those movies where if you've seen the trailor you've basically seen the movie.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #33
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:41 PM
I actually thought John Travolta was funny....but I'm a kid. Seeing an old man in a fat woman costume is amazing to me

I really enjoyed the movie. I gave it a 9 I would definitely buy it when it came out on DVD. I still need to see the original though. It was supposed to be on ABC Family last night or tonight I think...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 04:41 PM
I thought Travolta was funny and charming. The accent didn't bother me, because I don't know anyone from Baltimore.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:03 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:41 PM
I thought this movie was fabulous

I enjoyed the original but I enjoyed this one a lot more