Hairspray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i loved the original one but i'm afraid to see this one. i have something against john travolta that i can't quite put my finger on. i guess because i don't think he's made a good movie in a long time.

and to read he's butchered the baltimore accent? i'm not from there, but all of my family is and despite almost all of them no longer living there, they all still have it. i don't think i could stand hearing someone screw that up :mad:

Travolta was so bad it was a distraction for me. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to do. He was just miscast and what the hell was the director doing when Travolta was being so weird?

I thought the film was okay but I got bored quickly and, frankly, almost left. I did walk out of "Dream Girls" so I guess I just don't like musicals on film, with the exception of "Chicago," "Evita" and most recently, the beautiful, "Once." I wanted to like it and with the exception of Travolta everyone was great and it was really well-done, but it's one of those movies where if you've seen the trailor you've basically seen the movie.

I actually thought John Travolta was funny....but I'm a kid. Seeing an old man in a fat woman costume is amazing to me :lol:

I really enjoyed the movie. I gave it a 9 :) I would definitely buy it when it came out on DVD. I still need to see the original though. It was supposed to be on ABC Family last night or tonight I think...

I thought Travolta was funny and charming. The accent didn't bother me, because I don't know anyone from Baltimore. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom