Hair lengths on females...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Short, long, mid length.

• Long hair is the best

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Short hair is awful

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I think it is great for women to experiment with hair lengths and styles

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Who gives a shit

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
well, I AM a woman so I don't know if this counts, but I like it when people experiment. I really haven't since it's so expensive and I'm not that girl, but I want to get my hair cut professionally (for the first time in 8 years) b/c it's too long now. By too long I mean in my gymnastics class, while flipping, my ponytail is whipping in my eyes and it stings.

Iris, do you have a pic?

I can post a photo of what my hair looks like but it is not me. :wink:

This is my hair style now:

winona_ryder_019.jpg

I think it depends on the person

I have really long hair and personally I love it on me (most of the time), but my mom's hair is above the shoulder and I like that on her :shrug:

so I cannot pick an option :lol:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I can post a photo of what my hair looks like but it is not me. :wink:

This is my hair style now:

This poll is hilarious :lol:...tomorrow's poll: pizza toppings

That's a cool style to have. I voted for the third option...but I am a sucker for long hair. What does that say about me??? :hmm:

I have no preference as far as hair length. As long as a woman chooses the hairstyle that fits her face shape.

I'm a guy and, I'm sorry, but I hate short hair on women. Well, let me amend that - I dislike but don't hate the length Winona had in that picture. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE when women feel the need to try a 'guy-cut'. I also hate bangs, regardless of the length of the hair. Just grow them out. It doesn't take that much effort. Just time.

I love long hair. I'm a guy and my hair goes to my shoulders. My parents thinks it looks silly but, while their opinion on most things in my life is important to me, their opinion of my hair is not.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Alright so tell me why the hate for short hair on women? It is just hair. :shrug:

Oh, maybe hate is a strong word.

It's hard to explain, it's just, when I see short hair on women, it seems unnatural to me. Now, if your hair is the length that Winona's is in that picture, I don't really mind that so much. But any shorter than that would be worse. I think 'guy-cuts' are unattractive on women.

Some of it may stem from my own issues with impatience. Hair does not grow fast. Half an inch a month. When I see someone, woman or man, get cut in a matter of twenty minutes what probably took two or three years to grow, I cringe. I realize that might seem unusual, but that's the way I am.

I prefer at least shoulder length

if i wanted someone with super short hair then id make out with a guy

but thats just me

MVD if your hair looks like Winona's in that picture it looks great!

I wish I could do stuff like that with my hair. If you can you should :up:

Whatever works for the individual.

One thing I do not like is really "set" hair. I think it makes women look staid and matronly.

indra said:
Whatever works for the individual.

One thing I do not like is really "set" hair. I think it makes women look staid and matronly.

What do you mean by 'set' hair? I can't picture it.

namkcuR said:

Some of it may stem from my own issues with impatience. Hair does not grow fast. Half an inch a month. When I see someone, woman or man, get cut in a matter of twenty minutes what probably took two or three years to grow, I cringe. I realize that might seem unusual, but that's the way I am.

ah thankfully I don't have to worry about my hair taking forever to grow. It grows too fast. My hair length will be to my shoulders by late March. No joke. It is expensive to keep my hair cut short. My hair length prior to my hair cut was below my shoulder blades and it did not take years to grow that out. It took a few months. :D

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

ah thankfully I don't have to worry about my hair taking forever to grow. It grows too fast. My hair length will be to my shoulders by late March. No joke. It is expensive to keep my hair cut short. My hair length prior to my hair cut was below my shoulder blades and it did not take years to grow that out. It took a few months. :D

I wish my hair grew that fast. My hair was a normal guy's length in July 2004. I haven't gotten it cut since, and now in January 2006, It's just about at my shoulders. And the fronthair is still only barely long enough to fit in a ponytail if I pull straight over the top of my head.

I think it's because my hair is real thick.

namkcuR said:

What do you mean by 'set' hair? I can't picture it.

Kinda hard to explain, but almost anything that looks as if it takes a lot of hairspray and placing just so. It doesn't really move on it's own and not a hair ever gets out of place. A lot of news anchorwomen have a version of it.

You have to understand I wash my hair, towel dry it a bit, run some anti-frizz stuff (an absolute necessity given my hair) through it with my fingers, give it a quick shake and off I go. I don't use any other styling products or even comb or brush it. I'm just not much of a girly girl, so the thought of fixing my hair and "putting on" my face just makes me shudder.

My hair grows really fast so even if I hate my hair cut I don't have to deal with it for long. I don't like short hair on me. I don't have the texture for it. Right now I'm growing my hair long again. It's been shoulder length for a while and it's time to change it up.

I usually like to see mid length to long hair on women.

However, there are some women who I think look great with short hair. Depends on the person, their facial features, the cut, style etc.

Back
Top Bottom