Hair lengths on females...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Short, long, mid length.

• Long hair is the best

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Short hair is awful

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I think it is great for women to experiment with hair lengths and styles

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Who gives a shit

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
namkcuR said:

Some of it may stem from my own issues with impatience. Hair does not grow fast. Half an inch a month. When I see someone, woman or man, get cut in a matter of twenty minutes what probably took two or three years to grow, I cringe. I realize that might seem unusual, but that's the way I am.

I agree. My hair grows very slow. Though I've never had short hair, I have had a long layered cut and I will never do that again. Not only does it grow slow, it gets split ends really bad that have to be trimmed, so it took me 3 years to get my hair all back to the same length. I have an aversion to losing my hair. Ever since I was a kid I was always sorry to see anyone cut off all their hair.

One thing I really can't stand in a woman or a man is when people cut their hair so short in the back that it's above their natural hairline and they have fuzz or stubble sticking out. They may shave it off but it grows back and they don't see it behind them. I have come up behind very fancy ladies in spiffy clothes with all this stubble on the back of their necks and it's like ewwww :barf: I mean, would it really kill you to just let it grow out another couple inches to cover that up? It would still be short!

I don't even think any guy should have hair any shorter than Bono in my avatar here and that's pushing it.

Originally posted by indra

One thing I do not like is really "set" hair. I think it makes women look staid and matronly.

Originally posted by namkur

What do you mean by 'set' hair? I can't picture it.

"Set" hair is a term our mothers and grandmothers (at least those of us older folks like Indra and I, that is) used to describe the stiff, tightly curled, heavily sprayed short hairdos most women sported in the 50's and 60's. It DOES make a woman look older and matronly, and 'old lady like.' The older generations had this idea that all women should look that way, and I have been bugged by older female relatives for years that it was time to cut off my hair, get a perm and start 'setting' it. To them, it was THE look. To me, and apparently Indra, it's awful, and the label of official oldladyism. It even takes on a cotton ball look in old white haired ladies, I'm sure you've seen what I mean.

I think it depends on the girl really. Some girls faces naturally look better with more of a frame of hair, others look better with their features more prominent and short hair looks better :shrug: I have superfine hair so when its long it actually looks really bad. Not every woman is born with hair that is thick and beautiful...some of us have to work with crap :wink:
Ive had tons of different hair cuts, mainly done by myself :wink: and I think its fun to experiment. Then again, Im young and not in a professional environment so that may give me a little more freedom than others

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom