Hair Jel Virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabe

War Child
Some of you may already know about this weekend coming up for me and what it means. To those who don't know, well, it means a shiteload.

Brief story: Got my hair cut, very plain, never prettied my hair before, made evil-diety horns with beeswax once, but never have used Hair GEL. Yipes. This weekend, I'm going home from college to suprise my girlfriend at her senior homecoming. I'm preparing like ultra-GQ, least that's what I'm going for. If I can look nice then I will, cause she deserves it.

The question(s): Should I use use Hair Gel? If so, how does one apply the stuff? Any styles preferred/condemned? Is it ok to eat the Hair Gel? Any brand(s) work well?

Thanks so much. BTW, the beeswax stuff is basically just pomade. I have some ?funny? stories bout using this stuff.

Originally posted by wannabe:
The question(s): Should I use use Hair Gel? If so, how does one apply the stuff? Any styles preferred/condemned? Is it ok to eat the Hair Gel? Any brand(s) work well?

Thanks so much. BTW, the beeswax stuff is basically just pomade. I have some ?funny? stories bout using this stuff.

Just towel dry your hair, take a small amount (size of a grape) in your palm, and run it all through your hair. If it seems like you need more, use as much as needed. Style as desired. Not sure how to recommend hairstyles, as I only have two--short and long. Please don't eat it. I know from experience...well not really. But the ingredients don't look very yummy.

If you want to look GQ, maybe you should buy an issue of GQ and try to imitate those guys. Just an idea.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Go get her, Tiger.
wink.gif

Good luck with the hair gel...it can get pretty glossy if not used properly. lol

smile.gif

------------------
The more you take the less you feel
The less you know the more you believe
The more you have the more it takes today

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

My maiden is correct. Dont use too much or it will be all hard and crusty.. and if she wants to run her fingers through your hair, she cant.

Try mousse before gel... its softer and doesnt cause crustation.. and still leaves your hair silky smooth and soft.

bb6b-PantBetBoVolMouExHold.jpg

Thank you all, this is very interesting information! Sounds lame, but I never knew about these things (at least their purposes). I will let you know how it goes.

~thx surround~

Originally posted by wannabe:

BTW, the beeswax stuff is basically just pomade. I have some ?funny? stories bout using this stuff.

Forget the rest, just tell us the pomade stories. And exactly why do you know the word pomade?
wink.gif

Seriously, listen to the mousse advice...fingers running through your hair = the start of a fun homecoming weekend.

Have a great time!

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

LikeO2:
I know the word pomade cause I read the ingredients to my Sportin'Waves? hair sculpt a couple years back. I have several stories, but one that sticks out==> Basically, if I were to submit a photo to NicaMom's site, I'd give her my last school ID.

Malibu Whortense:
Hehe, yea I am, thanks for askin'. Actually, it's a fairly fly trim. Very simple. I dunno if its "sexy diamond-esque" or not, but it's aerodynamic.
mad.gif

Deathbear's Fly Girl wrote:

Try mousse before gel... its softer and doesnt cause crustation.. and still leaves your hair silky smooth and soft

ahhh, I feel like I'm in a mini-infomercial,

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 10-11-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom