Hail to the Thief Top 5...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Now that so many have bought and listened to this wonderful album, what is your top five songs off it thus far?

This can change every day at this point Im aware, so update it as much as you want...

my current

5. We Suck Young Blood
4. Sail to the Moon
3. 2+2=5
2. Wolf at the Door

1. Punch up at a Wedding........

fabulous, fabulous album.....cant stop listening to punch up and wolf today, not too often an album lives up to expectations the this one has so far....

-EP

I'm still going with "there there", "sail to the moon", and "2+2=5".
obvious, but I'm really into melody and less avant garde these days.

Cool idea for a thread. I think half of interland owns HTTT.

My top five today:

5. Backdrifts
4. The Gloaming
3. 2 + 2 = 5
2. There there.
1. Sit down. Stand up.

It'll be a week or so before I can declare a top five...

but in the mean time, this satisfies my craving for not one, but multiple Radiohead threads.

:wink:

1. 2+2=5
2. Backdrifting
3. Where I End and You Begin
4. Sit down, Stand Up (had a nice moment to day listening to this while walking through a nasty downpour)
5. Punch-Up At A Wedding

Hard to narrow it down but:

1. There There
2. Sail To The Moon
3. A Punch Up At A Wedding
4. 2+2=5
5. We Suck Young Blood

I'm particularly fond of Wolf at the Door, maybe it's just me but I love the way he plays with the wolf at the door theme. I keep the wolf from the door but he calls me up on the phone.

Also Punchup at a Wedding is one of their best songs so far, definitely in the vein of Life in a Glasshouse and such, though very different at the same time.

Not being inclined to a High Fidelity life, I won't make lists, but 'I Will' is another that deserves high mention. I think the piano is all over this album. Have Radiohead used a piano so extensively before? Probably not. Also love the fuzzy guitar thing on songs like Myxamotosis and There There.

indeed this is hard, as i now dont believe there is a single weak track on this album. here are my top five for now...

1. 2+2=5
2. there there
3. wolf at the door
4. go to sleep
5. backdrifts

no no no shit no...

5. backdrifts
4. go to sleep
3. gloaming
2. myxomatosis
1. wolf at the door

gloaming and myxomatosis go back and forth...

looks like i'll just have to listen to it more to decipher which i like better.

today:

5. where i end and you begin
4. wolf at the door
3. the gloaming
2. we suck young blood
1. scatterbrain (i cant believe noone has mentioned this one yet. no its not filler. its all in the voice peeps its all in the voice)

1. Wolf at the door
2. Where I end and you start
3. Sit down. stand up
4. 2+2=5
5. Myxomatosis

worst song:
Go to Sleep

the only one I will skip

Basstrap said:
worst song:
Go to Sleep

the only one I will skip

Haha, I totally thought that when I first heard the album too Basstrap. I really didnt like it much at all.

For some reason I've really started to like it since I've gotten the final mastered cd though. I dont know why, it totally grew on me.

since last summer when i heard it live, go to sleep has been one of my favorites. i dont know whats not to like about it. but then again, i totally hate knives out and dont much care for karma police so who knows.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
indeed this is hard, as i now dont believe there is a single weak track on this album. here are my top five for now...

1. 2+2=5
2. there there
3. wolf at the door
4. go to sleep
5. backdrifts

Wow. it's as if you copied from my list!!? I guess good taste is abundant here in Interland. :yes:

go to sleep isn't a bad song

it just isn't a radiohead song. It sounds exactly like a pearl jam song. Thom even sounds like Eddie Vedder

Basstrap said:
go to sleep isn't a bad song

it just isn't a radiohead song. It sounds exactly like a pearl jam song. Thom even sounds like Eddie Vedder

I was thinking it sounded more like a Neil Young song to me.

5. wolf at the door
4. myxomatosis
3. where i end and you begin
2. 2+2=5
1. there there

love those songs...

Last edited:
The percussion and rhythm sections on this album are superb. I think they stand out more than they have on any other Radiohead album.

PS- We Suck Young Blood is a scary song I have to say. For some reason it makes me think of sweat shop labor... :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom