Hail to the Thief Top 5...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AcrobatMan's review of HTTT

rating
***** - outstanding
**** - excellent
*** - good

There are no 1 star or 2 stars for radiohead songs.

So I finally decide to write a review of an album i was eagerly. HTTT is the 6th studio album of british pop group RADIOHEAD. Although I'd been waiting for this album for 1 year now but I had heard most of the songs in 2002 but the official copy is the official copy and official review is.

There are 14 songs to it. Lets start with song no 1.

1) 2+2=5 (*****)
At the shop where i bought the CD, they have put a sticker something like "contains rocky
number 2+2=5" which probably is the worst way to describe this song. You wont be able to
comprehend what the guy ( yorke) saying because you have not been paying attention. The booklet
comes handy in such cases :) A terrific opener would be a cliche but for one more time lets
use the cliche. This had been my favorite song between sept-october 2002. I am not sure if
abrupt ending is the best way to close this song

2) Sit up stand down (*****)
Minimum lyrics - maximum music is how i describe this song. It can have a hypnotic effect -
something like how to disappear completely. The ending is superb - bass guitar fusion with
electronica. Mind you i am not a fusion fan - but this is great

3) Sail to the moon(*****)
Thom vocal sounded no better ever. This song can leave you in semi-sleep. Excellent melody.
I often listen to this in repeat mode. This was my fav song in Dec 2002- Jan 2003.

4) Backdrift(****)
Catchy is the word I would use - Kid A fans would get a feel of idiotique. The best part for
me is where this song stop and then starts again.

5)Go to sleep (*****)
Its semi-slowish song that you associate with radiohead. It has a good melody though - thats
my assessment - you can beg to differ!

6) When I end (*****)
Cliched again but this sounds like U2 at time. This is a haunting song as far as I am concerned.
As i walk through the corridors, all i hear is "i will eat you alive & there would be no more lies"

7) We suck young (***)
Bit slow and unless you are a big time amnesiac fan you wont find this particularly catchy. May
be this is the song that grows on with time.

8)Gloaming (****)
The beats are bit different and there is where i give this song 4 star instead of 5 that it
probably deserves.

9)There there (*****)
Right now my best song. The progression on the drums and the guitar is excellent and the melody
is also excellent. I can listen this all day ( and all night).

10)I will ( *****)
The most under-rated song of the album. I love this song. Its a bit on the slow side. If you
like slow music with vague lyrics, this is the one

11) Punch up (*****)
This is as good as you can get all the album. Catchy bass line and angry lyrics. Dont belive me
Ask elvis !

12) Myxomatosis(***)
I think it is one the weakest track on the album but its not a filler - I can assure you on that.

13)Scatterbrain(*****)
It is one of song in amnesiac-mode and more user-friendly ( listener-friendly). Excellent vocals.

14 Wolf(*****)
This is the album closer which has angry lyrics. This song is fast for a radiohead song - the
vocals doesnot sound like the "usual" yorke. Overall excellent song with different kind of ambience.

- AcrobatMan

:up: review! funny you say we suck young blood and scatterbrain are for amnesiac people. i consider myself an amnesiac person. up to httt i considered it to be radiohead's best. im very fond of both scatterbrain and we suck young blood.

Am I the only one still listening to this regularly?

A new top five for the week, with Go to Sleep making its debut into my chart, boosted by such fabulous lyrics as "over my dead body" and "we don't want the loonies taking over"!

1. Sail to the Moon
2. Where I End and You Begin
3. There There
4. Go to Sleep
5. Wolf at the Door

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom