Hail to the Thief Top 5...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After several more listens yesterday:

1. The Gloaming
2. Stand up. Sit down.
3. Where I End and You Begin
4. 2+2=5
5. There There

At the moment:

1. Punchup at a Wedding
2. Go to Sleep
3. A Wolf at the Door
4. Sit down. Stand Up.
5. Backdrifts / The Gloaming (tie)

But there isn't one song I don't like. I sense I will eventually lose interest in We Suck and it will become the Karma Police of this record. It already kind of irritates me. One of those songs that's amusing and interesting for awhile but quickly becomes the song I skip.

Did I mention that this is my favorite Radiohead record?? This was firmly established after a long roadtrip yesterday.

Sit down. Stand up is now contending with Wolf for my favorite song. When that groove kicks in I go haywire

still noone else has voted scatterbrain it its top 5.

wankers :mad:

please have it another spin itll grow on you im sure.

if not do the :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ronald in stead.

Last edited:
any fool can easy pick a hole i only wish i could fall in
a moving target in a firing range
somewhere i'm not
scatterbrain

Flaming Friar Sr said:
still noone else has voted scatterbrain it its top 5.

wankers :mad:

please have it another spin itll grow on you im sure.

if not do the :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ronald in stead.

Maybe this will appease you. I finally got my husband to listen to HTTT Saturday night. Only when Scatterbrain came on did he say, "I like this one," even though he liked the whole thing. I think it was his favorite song off the album.

your hubbie's got great taste :wink:

what's his favorite message board? maybe i can find more of his likes to discuss good music.

This morning. I have yet to be able to narrow it down to my 5 fav after constant listening for the last few days

1. Where I end and you begin
2. Myxomatosis
3. There There
4. Scatterbrain
5. Go to Sleep

it wouldn't be out of place on Pop man...anyone can see that!!

amazing song though!!

X WILL MARK THE PLACE!!!!

My top 5 as of today. (it changes by the millisecond)

1. Wolf At The Door
2. Wolf At The Door
3. Wolf At The Door
4. Wolf At The Door
5. Wolf At The Door

A fantastic album! Enjoyed the whole album on first listen last Tuesday ( heard no leaks or snippets before purchasing). I can go on record and say that Scatterbrain was the first song that I truley fell in love with after hearing each song once.

5. There, There

4. Scatterbrain

3. Wolf at the Door

2. Where I End and You Begin - ...let me just say that this is an amazing U2ish like song that "sails me to the moon!" I hear this Do you feel Loved liquid bass beginning. When he sings "I am up in the clouds and I can't come down," I am thinking of the lyrics to Gone. And towards the end when the whole deal just meshes together, I am hearing this Lady with the Spinning Head (X-tended version) vibe that "sails me to the moon!" A very addicting song full of "Pop" love I must say.

1. A Drunken Punch Up at a Wedding. ...simply sexy, classy, and beautiful. Thom's voice really shines here. Of all the songs, this one I visualise quite easily on FM radio charts.

I think I need to mention Backdrifts (with its brilliant Cure-like piano bit), Go to Sleep, 2+2=5, and the beautiful Sail to the Moon which all will likely be "top 5" at some point.

C.

finally two peeps who give scatterbrain some credit.

it is deserving we all know that :hug:scatterbrain:hug:

ahw :wink: great song indeed

i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive

i... can't... stop!

Roland of Gilead said:
i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies and there will be no more lies i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive i will eat you alive

:drool:

:heart:

Flaming Friar Sr said:
your hubbie's got great taste :wink:

what's his favorite message board? maybe i can find more of his likes to discuss good music.

The only message board he really visits is this one. Sorry. :|

You know, I think I'll give Scatterbrain another listen as soon as I get home... :hmm: Thanks for the motivation.

My top 5 is still changing, so I've resurrected this thread...

1. Where I End and You Begin
2. There there
3. Sail to the Moon
4. Stand Up Sit Down
5. The Gloaming

Back
Top Bottom