Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
Y'all are still here?

I totally disappeared from this thread way back 14 pages ago.

I was busy not having sex :angry:

Pull up a chair, take out some popcorn, and watch Axver disparage LMP's hours of hard work.

LemonMelon said:

:lol: I've got to ask, is my flow criticism of My Ship--->Bad Days justified? I'm a sequencing nerd, but you're like a sensei or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't read your post above.

:lol: It works, then it doesn't around the first verse, then the song kicks on and it stops mattering. And the song itself ... average. By which I mean "not bad" in the neutral rather than good sense.

This LCD Soundsystem song is starting badly.

LemonMelon said:

Well, there would have been. Now there's just a funky ball of tits and a tree.

I'm going to hurt you.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Were you in bed with my boyfriend not having sex with him too?

Your boyfriend's a blow-up doll?

LemonMelon said:

Pull up a chair, take out some popcorn, and watch Axver disparage LMP's hours of hard work.

With as little sensitivity as possible. It's awesome.

For some reason, I had the idea that LCD Soundsystem were an instrumental band.

I'm let down by the presence of vocals.

LemonMacPhisto said:

With as little sensitivity as possible. It's awesome.

I am so, so very sorry that I'm going to miss my running diary. It's a tragedy, really. This is better than praise.

If that song is anything to go by, it seems LCD Soundsystem is just another one of those bands for wannabe elitists to wank over. Though it's a less objectionable and more interesting track at the end than its first half would imply.

Axver said:
For some reason, I had the idea that LCD Soundsystem were an instrumental band.

I'm let down by the presence of vocals.

It's actually just one guy, James Murphy, under an alias. The first album was pretty heavy electronica/dance, while the second delves more into more basic pop songs.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

No, a blow-up doll wouldn't be too tired and have to go to work in the morning.

The guy refuses sex? This is madness.

Oh, I remember this Arcade Fire track from when I listened to Neon Bible upon its release.

I think it was one I didn't like. Let's see how it goes.

I'm having fun reading back through Axver's listening of LMP's list. Great reading material, really!

If you're singing "mirror, mirror, on the wall" in your dead serious indie music, I reserve the right to laugh at you. :laugh:

OK, so Black Mirror is one of those tracks that proves my point about The Arcade Fire: they have potential but no fucking clue how to use it.

And sweet, here comes One Of These Days. :drool:

After sitting through those twenty-one tracks, One Of These Days sounds even more fucking fantastic than usual.

I'm so into this.

Axver said:
After sitting through those twenty-one tracks, One Of These Days sounds even more fucking fantastic than usual.

I'm so into this.

I cannot wait to do my re-assessment of your list.

It'll be the highlight and lowlight of my weekend.

LemonMelon said:

Well, nothing is going to save me in my match now anyway.

You're only down 2 votes, I'm down about 5.

And I have the feeling where Axver's vote is going.

Moonage Daydream's not a bad song. I think Station To Station and Low are much superior to Ziggy Stardust, but this is probably one of the best songs on Ziggy Stardust.

LemonMelon said:

Well, nothing is going to save me in my match now anyway.

Well, don't worry. More people will have listened by next week so there will probably be more votes.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh noez!

You have a guaranteed vote from Khan, I have a guaranteed vote against me from Khan.

Just want to keep it within three is all. Maybe some members of Spoon can log in and save my ass.

LemonMelon said:

You have a guaranteed vote from Khan, I have a guaranteed vote against me from Khan.

Just want to keep it within three is all. Maybe some members of Spoon can log in and save my ass.

True, so we'd be tied for last, right?

Or Colin Greenwood could come and save the day. The lesser brother.

LemonMacPhisto said:

And I have the feeling where Axver's vote is going.

Eh, wait and see. I haven't committed either way yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom