Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
Problems with skipping came from the mp3 converter.

Your MP3 converter is trying to tell you something. It has good taste.

LemonMelon said:
LMP, something I want to point out for the future...

My Ship--->Bad Days is exactly what I meant a week ago when I said that it's always a good idea to not just listen to the first and last 10 seconds of each song to determine flow. While that part of it is good in this particular transition, it really screws up the pacing. Great song of course, one of my favorites, but they really have no business being next to each other.

Okay, I see what you're saying now. I felt that they were both about similar things - escapism of sorts. Does the pacing drop as soon as it hits the F'lips track or what?

Axver said:

Your MP3 converter is trying to tell you something. It has good taste.

Oh shit son.

"Wearing afros and braids, kickin' those train rides..."

LemonMacPhisto said:

Okay, I see what you're saying now. I felt that they were both about similar things - escapism of sorts. Does the pacing drop as soon as it hits the F'lips track or what?

Yeah, I was about 2 minutes into the Flips track (partaking in Axver's enjoyment on a more first-hand level), and wondering if I was listening to the same list (figuratively, of course). It changed gears far too quickly.

You Sexy Thing wouldn't hurry up and finish, so I've given it a 30 second hand.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, I was about 2 minutes into the Flips track (partaking in Axver's enjoyment on a more first-hand level), and wondering if I was listening to the same list (figuratively, of course). It changed gears far too quickly.

Okay.

Bad Days -> New York, I Love You...

I think still holds up, maybe the problem is in the placement of the Miles Davis track.

Oh, I recognise this Sly and the Family Stone song. Just because it's been used in ads. I wish some other Aussies were around to remind me what it was used in.

Axver said:
You Sexy Thing wouldn't hurry up and finish, so I've given it a 30 second hand.

Axver, there's Arcade Fire and Kanye West on this list. And I guarantee you they hate trains. They ride fucking airplanes and shit.

Boil, blood...boil

Axver said:
Oh, I recognise this Sly and the Family Stone song. Just because it's been used in ads. I wish some other Aussies were around to remind me what it was used in.

Crocodile removal?

LemonMelon said:

Axver, there's Arcade Fire and Kanye West on this list. And I guarantee you they hate trains. They ride fucking airplanes and shit.

Boil, blood...boil

:lol:

Arcade Fire aren't shit. Just over-rated. I didn't have a problem with the song PFan used in his tracklist.

Kanye West is a dick.

This Al Green song is boring.

Let's be honest, people. The Backstreet Boys song that Irishteen/Lemonchick used is better than this song or tracks 2-4.

Axver said:

:lol:

Arcade Fire aren't shit. Just over-rated. I didn't have a problem with the song PFan used in his tracklist.

Damn, I wish I would've known this before. I purposely avoided using them JUST FOR YOU! :wink:

Now that I think of it, no Arcade Fire, a good concept, very little to no funk, and Summer 68 could put my list up in the C range. Low C, but C just the same.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh no

female singers!

:huh: I don't have a problem with female singers.

Though this song is kinda boring. U2's One is better live. U2's One studio is slightly worse.

Axver said:

Though this song is kinda boring. U2's One is better live. U2's One studio is slightly worse.

I thought you did, slightly. Nevermind then.

The Three Dog Night version is better, but I already use them later. I do like this version quite a bit though.

Earth, Wind, and Fire are sublime.

Later P-funk. :wave:

Axver said:

The Three Dog Night version is incalculably better.

Axver said:
Tell me, which songs would constitute funk?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 14

It's all within the bounds of R&B/Soul, but some lean more toward soul than funk.

Axver said:
Tell me, which songs would constitute funk?

On my list? I dunno...

Prince - Play In The Sunshine
Sly And The Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
Jimi Hendrix - Wait Until Tomorrow
De La Soul - Eye Know
Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing

But out of 44 songs, that's nothing. It's pretty white bread overall.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I thought you did, slightly. Nevermind then.

Well, I don't listen to many female vocalists, but that's just because it seems there aren't terribly many of them doing music I like. Chloe in Pure Reason Revolution is awesome. I actually tend to prefer the female voice over the male voice.

Earth, Wind, and Fire are sublime.

Some of the music isn't bad, actually. Not keen on some of the vocals though.

LemonMacPhisto said:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 14

It's all within the bounds of R&B/Soul, but some lean more toward soul than funk.

Funny how funk isn't very funky.

I can't believe Prince constitutes funk. I think of him as pop. Very shitty and all too often sleazy pop.

Axver said:

Funny how funk isn't very funky.

I can't believe Prince constitutes funk. I think of him as pop. Very shitty and all too often sleazy pop.

The funk on mine grazes the bounds of pure funk though.

I should've put on some Parliament, Curtis Mayfield, or Isaac Hayes for some more funk.

I think the Bobby Womack track is as funky as it gets.

Hey, Kanye West, stop relying on samples to try to hide the fact you are really crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom