Haiku Valley Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

It's nothing personal. It's just that I think his is nearly perfect.
Oh, it's ok with me. Winning is secondary, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #392
The Male

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Yeah, the votes dwindled yesterday and have started off slow today.

Hopefully by waiting until Monday to resume, everyone can get some more listening done.
Hopefully.

People are just waiting around, I think. It'll speed up later. Zoots, LMP, and DaveC have been hanging around all day but just haven't felt like voting, and the Aussies will show up when it's not the dead of night over there.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Oh, it's ok with me. Winning is secondary, as far as I'm concerned.
Well, on paper, your list is really, really good.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #394
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Hopefully.

People are just waiting around, I think. It'll speed up later. Zoots, LMP, and DaveC have been hanging around all day but just haven't felt like voting, and the Aussies will show up when it's not the dead of night over there.
Yo.

I pulled an all-nighter last night for the first time... that was epic.

I didn't vote because I haven't listened to those playlists yet. I don't have an excuse, but I'll try and catch up this weekend.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #395
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Yo.

I didn't vote because I haven't listened to those playlists yet. I don't have an excuse, but I'll try and catch up this weekend.
I hate all-nighters. Of course, I rarely do them just to get work done or whatever.

That's a big issue with the group 4 matches, I think...fewer are voting because they haven't gotten that far yet. Of course, I can't always listen before I vote. Occasionally, I will abstain if I haven't, but not every time.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #396
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I hate all-nighters. Of course, I rarely do them just to get work done or whatever.

That's a big issue with the group 4 matches, I think...fewer are voting because they haven't gotten that far yet. Of course, I can't always listen before I vote. Occasionally, I will abstain if I haven't, but not every time.
Apparently the work paid off, and the rough draft of my research paper won't need much tweaking. I can get my sleep tonight after going to The Lady Friend's place to watch a movie.

Yeah, I totally agree. I've tried to make it a point to avoid voting if I haven't listened to the list all the way this time around, but it's been hard. Won't be the same thing next time around though.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #397
The Male

Quote:

Apparently the work paid off, and the rough draft of my research paper won't need much tweaking. I can get my sleep tonight after going to The Lady Friend's place to watch a movie.

Yeah, I totally agree. I've tried to make it a point to avoid voting if I haven't listened to the list all the way this time around, but it's been hard. Won't be the same thing next time around though.
Make sure it's the most boring film possible so you can rest your eyes a bit.

The way I decide whether or not to abstain is whether or not they're roughly equal in quality on paper. If they are, I'll abstain, but if one is clearly more to my taste and better, I won't.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #398
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Make sure it's the most boring film possible so you can rest your eyes a bit.

The way I decide whether or not to abstain is whether or not they're roughly equal in quality on paper. If they are, I'll abstain, but if one is clearly more to my taste and better, I won't.
It's Moulin Rouge. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but she did watch The Big Lebowski and Big Trouble in Little China with me... so it's only fair.

Eh, I'm not sure about voting like that, but if worst comes to worst, I guess that's the way to go. I think more emphasis should be put on actually liking the list over respecting it, you know? I hate to keep bringing up Axver's: it's extremely well-made like his other lists, but it's not something I like. How would that measure up against a less cohesive list, but with more songs to my liking? How would you guys approach that?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #399
The Male

Quote:

It's Moulin Rouge. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but she did watch The Big Lebowski and Big Trouble in Little China with me... so it's only fair.

Eh, I'm not sure about voting like that, but if worst comes to worst, I guess that's the way to go. I think more emphasis should be put on actually liking the list over respecting it, you know? I hate to keep bringing up Axver's: it's extremely well-made like his other lists, but it's not something I like. How would that measure up against a less cohesive list, but with more songs to my liking? How would you guys approach that?
People compare Moulin Rouge and Across The Universe regularly. That's a really bad thing.

It does suck having to vote that way, but at this slower early stage of the tournament every vote counts. Plus, in most cases, your initial reaction to a list is the correct one. But, if you have the time to listen to both before the polls close, then you of course should, no question.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think it has to be a combination of both. Having a cohesive list where the songs flow naturally is only as good as the songs you actually have on there. In the end, what do you want to listen to over and over if you had the choice?
Old 04-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #401
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yo.

I've never done it. Latest I ever stayed up was 4 AM, sleeping over at my buddy's house. That was great, actually. All we did was just talk into the night, with an occasional video game being played.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #402
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

I've never done it. Latest I ever stayed up was 4 AM, sleeping over at my buddy's house. That was great, actually. All we did was just talk into the night, with an occasional video game being played.
If insomnia counts, the longest I've ever stayed up is 24 hours, all the way to 1 PM a couple weekends ago.

The latest I've intentionally stayed up is 6:15 AM.

Now.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #403
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I think it has to be a combination of both. Having a cohesive list where the songs flow naturally is only as good as the songs you actually have on there. In the end, what do you want to listen to over and over if you had the choice?
True, but I think it hurts the more downbeat lists though. I'd rather listen to L-Mel's list over Screwtape's, but they're just as brilliantly made, but one's more of a downer than the other.

I'll try and come to a consensus before the next round.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM   #404
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

The lack of haiku
In this superthread topic
makes me very sad.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Hey Beav. You need to catch up on some BSG, man.

Tags
superthread