Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just skipped the Regina Spektor track. Frankly, Britney Spears has more artistic merit than Spektor. Hell, I listened to more of the Backstreet Boys track in this playlist than the Spektor one (45 seconds vs <2 seconds).

I really don't like this song by The Moldy Peaches. The woman's voice in particular is grating.

Axver said:

He's not! You're distorting his statements. I think his surprise at your liking of the album is quite similar to the "how can you not like Achtung Baby?" attitude that I often receive. Certainly not "your musical tastes are wrong because you disagree with the press".

:yes:

Screwtape, are you questioning my tastes over this one album, or is there some context I'm missing?

Axver said:
I really don't like this song by The Moldy Peaches. The woman's voice in particular is grating.

The Juno soundtrack in general kind of sucked. It was way too precious and indier-than-thou. The film was good though.

LemonMelon said:

Are you upset with me about something, Screwtape? You sound a bit tense tonight.

I will admit to being a little stressed at the moment with life but you upset me when you questioned my musical tastes. Never question someone's musical tastes. It is just wrong. Then justify it with what the press says.

LemonMelon said:

The Juno soundtrack in general kind of sucked. It was way too precious and indier-than-thou. The film was good though.

I admit, I barely even know what Juno is.

Screwtape2 said:
I will admit to being a little stressed at the moment with life but you upset me when you questioned my musical tastes. Never question someone's musical tastes. It is just wrong.

C'mon.

Axver said:

I admit, I barely even know what Juno is.

Yeah, not surprising. It's kind of lumped together with the whole Superbad scene. I wouldn't really recommend it to just anyone, but it was better than most teenage romantic comedies, for sure.

OK, so I listened to My Body Is A Cage by the Arcade Fire, and it's not bad, though I think it's weak at the start. And that finishes off Irishteen/Lemonchick's tracklist. Most of it flowed, though in a few points songs seemed forced or transitions didn't make sense. Not many songs stood out positively to me, many weren't that objectionable but pretty unremarkable, and some were purely bad. All in all, I give it a C.

Now onto LMP's. I'd like to do LM's as he's around, but I'd prefer to do LMP's as it's directly up against Irishteen/Lemonchick's right now, so I think back-to-back listening would be good. I plan to listen to LM and phanan's tracklists back-to-back this evening.

Axver said:

Now onto LMP's. I'd like to do LM's as he's around, but I'd prefer to do LMP's as it's directly up against Irishteen/Lemonchick's right now, so I think back-to-back listening would be good. I plan to listen to LM and phanan's tracklists back-to-back this evening.

For the record, I don't expect you to spur me on to a great comeback. So no pressure. :wink:

OK, so, the first song of LM's list, the one by Bobby Womack, isn't too objectionable. Not anything I really care for, but it didn't bug me. But this James Brown song is stupid. The intro was irritating and it's frustratingly repetitive. Get up? How about fuck off?

Axver said:
OK, so, the first song of LM's list, the one by Bobby Womack, isn't too objectionable. Not anything I really care for, but it didn't bug me. But this James Brown song is stupid. The intro was irritating and it's frustratingly repetitive. Get up? How about fuck off?

:laugh: I'm reeeeeally going to enjoy this running diary, methinks.

That James Brown song's only 5:15? Wow, felt like 12 minutes. It sucked.

Haha, the deep groans or whatever it's meant to be in Love Machine is making me laugh.

What a vapid song.

Axver said:
That James Brown song's only 5:15? Wow, felt like 12 minutes. It sucked.

You don't like dancing?

I can't miss the running diary. Can't sleep now anyway.

Deep groans do not equal death growls, it seems.

There are a few transitions I found very inspired on LMP's list. Particularly the four-song run from Kiss to Spill The Wine.

Axver, don't feel too discouraged. LMP and I both "learned our lesson" and the collab playlist we put together is much darker and insular. :wink:

Urgh, why won't this Prince song end? Oh God, it's so terrible. I wish somebody would rip his voicebox out. And those awful kisses? Makes my skin crawl.

Though doing this running diary at least makes me want to keep listening. It makes this fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom