Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
LMP, did you see that I gave DSOTM two listens?

You should have given it two listens 3 or 4 years ago. :wink: What have you been doing that's more important?

phillyfan26 said:
LMP, did you see that I gave DSOTM two listens?

I saw the first listen - glad you enjoyed the production, it's brilliant isn't it?

What were your favorite tracks/moments?

LemonMelon said:
You should have given it two listens 3 or 4 years ago. :wink: What have you been doing that's more important?

Not having it. :scream:

Now I want to get some more Pink Floyd to see if they're this good most of the time. Supposedly they are.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I saw the first listen - glad you enjoyed the production, it's brilliant isn't it?

What were your favorite tracks/moments?

Time is an absolute masterpiece, but I liked each individual track as well as its superb flow. I can't think of much I dislike about it.

Ah, here we go, The Verve's This Time. From when Richard Ashcroft didn't make shitty music. Of course, we all have Nick McCabe to thank. Nick McCabe is The Verve, really.

Also, I'm going to be crucified for saying this, but the Corrs song is one of the top five songs on this tracklist thus far.

LemonMelon said:

Just out of curiosity, where does she store your balls? :wink:

I had some thoughts on it earlier. I could see the Across the Universe parallels, but this movie had something called a plot, and used said songs for another thing called plot development.

These are things that are hard to master, but could be done with time.

Time's fucking baller. I love Brain Damage, the sax in Us and Them, and all of Great Gig in the Sky... that's beautiful right there.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Animals should be next on the list.

Then Meddle.

Meddle? :huh: I think I've listened to that about two times in my entire life.

He should go:

1. WYWH
2. Animals
3. Piper

I'm finishing Heathen right now. Not sure how I feel. I like the instrumentation, but Bowie's age shows in the vocals and it kind of sounds unenergetic in a number of places because of that.

Axver said:
Nick McCabe is The Verve, really.

:hi5: It's entirely unfair that Ashcroft gets the love, when he has about half the talent. But that's way things tend to go in music.

unico said:
waht corrs song ax

Breathless.

I think the only better songs on the tracklist so far are The Verve's This Time and Talking Heads' The Book I Read. Though Spanish Eyes is up next. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

:hi5: It's entirely unfair that Ashcroft gets the love, when he has about half the talent. But that's way things tend to go in music.

Yeah, people seem to just notice the frontman. McCabe has shitloads of talent, and Ashcroft's crappy solo career proves who had all the good ideas in The Verve. Though we didn't really need that proof, as the fact The Verve fell apart after McCabe left says it all in the first place.

Screwtape2 said:

No Animals before WYWH. I do think Pfan would like Have A Cigar though.

I reckon WYWH first. It's more accessible than three sprawling 10+ minute songs and two inconsequential bookends.

Now, if he's down with SOYCD, then Animals is absolutely essential.

Screwtape2 said:
I think the songs themselves are great. Sunday, Slowburn and Slip Away are my favorites.

Slow Burn is my favorite track. Pete Townshend FTMFW

This Blur song, Tender, is pretty boring.

But here comes Spanish Eyes. Wey hey hey! :drool:

Axver said:

Yeah, people seem to just notice the frontman. McCabe has shitloads of talent, and Ashcroft's crappy solo career proves who had all the good ideas in The Verve. Though we didn't really need that proof, as the fact The Verve fell apart after McCabe left says it all in the first place.

McCabe's guitar tone on A Storm In Heaven is the pretty much the best thing ever. I still think that's one of the best guitar records of all time in spite of its downbeat vibe.

Axver said:

I reckon WYWH first. It's more accessible than three sprawling 10+ minute songs and two inconsequential bookends.

Now, if he's down with SOYCD, then Animals is absolutely essential.

What about The Wall?

If we're doing it in terms of popularity, that's the next logical step.

There isn't a weak track on Meddle... even if there's only 5.

unico said:
oh ia liek breaathless it is a prety song esp live

I know I probably shouldn't like it. But it's well-written and I like their vocals.

LemonMacPhisto said:

What about The Wall?

If we're doing it in terms of popularity, that's the next logical step.

There isn't a weak track on Meddle... even if there's only 5.

Let's not frighten the poor lad. The Wall is hardcore shit. And Axver would agree with that to some extent or another...

ANIMALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom