Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

I made it home, was getting ready to have sex, and then I realized I needed to puke. Poor EITS guy went from about to get laid to dealing with vomit. He was very sweet about it, from what my foggy memory can recall.

Didn't that happen in Superbad?

Screwtape2 said:

Why again is it that you hate The Smiths?

Reminds me of things I don't care to be reminded of. So it's really unfair that I'm harsh on them as it has little to do with their music, though on a purely musical basis, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

'Sup Mia. :wave:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Yeah, Baz Luhrmann is crazy-awesome like that. Upon multiple viewings, you notice lots of small, neat touches. Like the ridiculousness of the sound effects in some of the scenes. But they fit for slight comedic purposes. It's not like the movie is supposed to be very realistic. It's about the theatrics :drool:

And now you're making me want to quote it.

The Duke: It's not that I'm a jealous man... I JUST DON'T LIKE OTHER PEOPLE TOUCHING MY THINGS!

I could care less about the realism, but the theatricality of it all was immense. Luhrmann creates his own world for the film and does whatever the hell it wants, that's skill right there.

Axver said:

Reminds me of things I don't care to be reminded of. So it's really unfair that I'm harsh on them as it has little to do with their music, though on a purely musical basis, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

I agree with that. Actually, though, I like Johnny Marr's voice.

phillyfan26 said:
I tend to prefer liquor in the few times I've dabbled in alcohol. However, Molson Golden is tasty. Like apples.

eeew, molson, if you want apples, get a woodchuck cider

and like i said, i hadn't vomited from drinking in more than a year. i have probably vomited from drinking 5-7 times all told, and last night was the first time it wasn't because I was upset about a guy. I have learned not to drink heavily when I'm upset about a guy, and now I have learned not to use wine for heavy drinking games. Which should have been obvious.

and my hangover issues are fairly unusual, that i get nausea and sometimes it's just better to puke than to feel that way.

OK, so Ash's Lost In You is just mediocre stock-standard rock.

:down: for not having the Arcade Fire song in the uploads.

Wonder how this Richard Ashcroft song will go. I love The Verve, but as for his solo work, I've only heard his latest solo album and it stunk.

I've never been hungover. I don't drink beer, either. Or wine. Liquor it is. And why the hell did major panic use Il Divo?

Axver said:
OK, so Ash's Lost In You is just mediocre stock-standard rock.

:down: for not having the Arcade Fire song in the uploads.

Wonder how this Richard Ashcroft song will go. I love The Verve, but as for his solo work, I've only heard his latest solo album and it stunk.

Would you like me to send you the AF song?

phillyfan26 said:
I've never had enough to drink to vomit or have a hangover.

Neither. I haven't been drunk, despite drinking my fair share of wine.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Would you like me to send you the AF song?

That would be cool, thank you. amakaxver[at]gmail.com

And I'm listening to your playlist once Irishteen/Lemonchick's is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom