Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

What about Lady With The Spinning Head? I consider that U2's second best b-side (after, of course, Spanish Eyes).

I wouldn't say LWTSH is comparable to Spanish Eyes though, except in the sense they're both quality b-sides.

My rankings:
1. Alex Descends
=2. WDIAGW
=2. LWTSH

And I don't want LWTSH to win because that's just boring and predictable.

phillyfan26 said:
I think this round has been more correct than most. Thank God WDIAGW is heading out. That song just bugs me.

As long as Alex Descends lasts a while, I'm down with the round.

What's your objection to WDIAGW? There's some cool guitar stuff, it's really catchy, and the "so you walk on by" ending is great.

Ugh, Killers. This song is just there, but I keep waiting for this guy to spit out another horrible lyric like "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier".

Well done, dipshit. You've poisoned all of your music. Bono could record a whole album where 'kneel' or 'soul' is in every lyric and it still wouldn't poison things as much as that worst lyric in recorded history.

Screwtape2 said:

Which Sigur Ros song are you listening to?

The one in Irishteen/Lemonchick's playlist, Saeglópur. All in all, although it picked up and had decent atmosphere, it felt too much like "hey let's make music for babies!"

the tourist said:
Nightwish reminds me of the celtic stuff my brother listens to.:barf:

I cannot stand Tarja Turunuren or whatever her name is, and this whole plague of "gothic" metal with operatic female vocalists.

Axver said:

I cannot stand Tarja Turunuren or whatever her name is, and this whole plague of "gothic" metal with operatic female vocalists.

Agreed. :up:

the tourist said:
Personally, I think WDIAGW suffers from hideous production.

It's not even comparable to the epic production phail of So Cruel or the end of UTEOTW.

Axver said:
Ugh, Killers. This song is just there, but I keep waiting for this guy to spit out another horrible lyric like "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier".

Well done, dipshit. You've poisoned all of your music. Bono could record a whole album where 'kneel' or 'soul' is in every lyric and it still wouldn't poison things as much as that worst lyric in recorded history.

I think I put an acoustic version of that track on my list, but it segues well into the next track - maybe you'll appreciate the context. :wink:

Hey fellas. Moulin Rouge wasn't that bad.

I don't like this KT Turnstall song much, and the flow and segues would have made more sense without the Killers song between it and Sigur Ros.

Axver said:

It's not even comparable to the epic production phail of So Cruel or the end of UTEOTW.

At least those are produced similarly to the rest of Achtung Baby. WDIAGW sounds like it is albumless, and poorly produced as well.

Axver said:
I don't like this KT Turnstall song much

I don't like KT Tunstall at all.

Then again, I've really noticed I don't like female vocalists much.

Tom Waits is very strange. I'd never heard a Tom Waits song before just now.

Axver said:
What's your objection to WDIAGW? There's some cool guitar stuff, it's really catchy, and the "so you walk on by" ending is great.

I don't like the guitar, to be honest. Just too much sort of off-kilter shredding, not really melodic in any way. I don't know how to describe it. It just annoys me.

Uh, My Body Is A Cage by The Arcade Fire is missing from Irishteen/Lemonchick's uploads ...

Edit: It seems I didn't download the third part, and some of it would've filled in the gaps. Shit.

And now The Police. I'm not really into The Police. Or REM. Or Bruce Springsteen. I wonder if this makes me less of a U2 fan.

Axver said:
Uh, My Body Is A Cage by The Arcade Fire is missing from Irishteen/Lemonchick's uploads ...

Yeah. I told them about that about a week ago. It hasn't been corrected....

the tourist said:
My Immortal. Not my thing in the slightest.
I halfway liked that song until some guy sang it to me. Now I can't stand it.

I prefer music with more angryangryness and less weepyweepiness.

But Amy Lee is hot. And there's one spot in the My Immortal video where you can totally see right down her top :up:

the tourist said:
And now The Police. I'm not really into The Police. Or REM. Or Bruce Springsteen. I wonder if this makes me less of a U2 fan.

I like The Police and Springsteen, but I don't like Radiohead, so my U2 fandom is on a low status level. I'm in the minor leagues of U2 fanicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom