Haiku Valley Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:
well.

not really.

got a few more fish n chips from that irish pub before i get to that stage.

i wanna go out :hyper:

61 DAYS!!!

:lol:

I've spent so much time out lately that I plan on going abso-fucking-lutely nowhere for the next 36 hours or so.

What's in 61 days?

18 isn't all it's cracked up to be.

But I suppose it makes life easier.

Yeah, I didn't legally purchase alcohol until I was 19 either. Though I did legally order it when I was 18 at restaurants when other family members were footing the bill.

Honestly, next-to-nothing changed when I turned 18 with regards to my alcohol consumption. I usually drink at home during the sport or whatever. I suppose the only change was that at restaurants, instead of telling Mum what I wanted and getting her to order it, I could order it myself.

And when I travelled around New Zealand vineyards - well, my father's a well-known guy when it comes to wine and he knows people, so there was never the suspicion he was some government inspector and the people at the vineyards were only too happy to pour a little glass of wine for 12 year old me once my father said I should have a try too. My father believed quite strongly in educating my palette young. One of the few things he got absolutely right when it comes to parenting.

How anyone could vote off Alex Descends Into Hell or NASOTR before Where Did It All Go Wrong? boggles my mind.

Damn, this new DI disc is coming together really nicely. I think I might just use it next time around. Shitloads of it are instrumentals though, including one that's 19:44 long, so I've no idea how well it will go down, but my current list isn't being hated on to even half the level I expected, so ...

phillyfan26 said:
How anyone could vote off Alex Descends Into Hell or NASOTR before Where Did It All Go Wrong? boggles my mind.

Well, I'm not surprised U2girl's voting for it. It's not a simple, easily digestible verse/chorus/verse/chorus song. But the other four voters thus far surprise me.

What pisses me off is that right now, three of my four top picks for this round - Alex, NASOTR, and WDIAGW - are all under threat. And I don't really want LWTSH to win as that's boring and predictable.

I'm tossing between Salome, Slow Dancing, and Two Shots for this round. I'll probably go Salome as it has the best shot of saving the three under threat.

Of what's left:
1. Alex Descends Into Hell ...
2. LWTSH
3. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
4. NASOTR
5. Slow Dancing
6. Salome
7. Where Did It All Go Wrong?

phillyfan26 said:
Of what's left:
1. Alex Descends Into Hell ...
2. LWTSH
3. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
4. NASOTR
5. Slow Dancing
6. Salome
7. Where Did It All Go Wrong?

For me:

1. Alex Descends
2. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
3. LWTSH
4. NASOTR
5. Slow Dancing
6. Two Shots
7. Salome

#2 and #3 are interchangeable, and 5-7 could really swap around and I wouldn't care too much.

At this point, as aghast as I am that people are voting for NASOTR when far inferior songs are still there, I'm willing to boot it for the sake of protecting WDIAGW and Alex Descends.

Ah, "dead thread";
Its summoning powers have worked,
Yet again.

Except not quite
In the way I had hoped!
Night, Ian. :wave:

:lol:

Hey Jen. :wave:

We seem to have a dead thread. And I seem to have dinner at 9:50pm. WTF, I know. But I just didn't feel that hungry earlier ...

I'm listening to October right now. What a fucking AWESOME album. :drool:

I think that I Fall Down has even grown on me to the point that I don't feel compelled to skip it any more.

I prefer Boy too, but October's only just behind it. The band play so strongly on it. Larry in particular.

I Threw A Brick and Rejoice are two of U2's best tracks, if you ask me, and really shouldn't be so overlooked.

anyway , im off, might be on a lil over the weekend, think of me dying at ballarat uni , sitting in front of a computer and not being able to use it or touch blue crack

:crack:

The Electric Co. on the Vertigo Tour was one of the most awesome things ever. :drool:

Have a good one, Jen, and I hope uni becomes less aggravating for you than it has been! :wave:

Well, time to now catch up on some of the DI tracklists. Shame nobody who cares is around, or I'd keep a running diary. I'm listening to AtomicBono's right now, which looks pretty good on paper.

Ugh, I hate it when people drag down their DI tracklists by including Broken Social Scene. Screwtape did it, and AtomicBono's done it too. At least AtomicBono's chosen a song with music that doesn't grate too much, but I find the vocalists of BSS to be intolerable and a poor match.

Otherwise, though, I've been enjoying most of AtomicBono's tracklist. I'd been meaning to check out Maserati and M83 for ages, so it was quite good to hear them. Maserati in particular I'm going to have to find more by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom