HAHA Powerman 5000 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2003, 10:10 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 08:53 AM
HAHA Powerman 5000

I had to post this because I think it's funny
POWERMAN 5000: Is The End Near? - Nov. 6, 2003

POWERMAN 5000 are strongly rumored to have been dropped by Dreamworks Records as a result of the disappointing sales performance of the band's last outing, "Transform".

"Transform", which debuted at No. 27 on The Billboard 200 album chart in late May, has shifted 148,561 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan — a far cry from the 1,316,172 units registered by its predecessor, 1999's "Tonight The Stars Revolt!" The band's 1997 offering, "Mega!! Kung Fu Radio", has sold 156,954 copies to date.

POWERMAN 5000 were originally scheduled to release the their projected follow-up to "Tonight…" on August 28, 2001, but just two weeks before the release date, the band announced they were heading back into the studio to record new songs for the album. The group's scheduled headlining tour was cancelled, and the album release was postponed indefinitely.

Early last month, POWERMAN 5000 withdrew from their tour with MUDVAYNE, FINGERTIGHT and V-SHAPED MIND after their tour support was reportedly pulled by Dreamworks. The band's frontman, Spider One, blamed the move on declining record sales, stating "the music business is in the toilet — no one is buying CDs, and less and less people are going to see bands live. Every major label in America has lost an obscene amount of money this year and it's getting worse every day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you to feel sorry for the labels, but the reality is this: if they're not making any money, you better believe your favorite band isn't doing too well either."

This is just a testament to how much this band sucks

Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:53 PM
yes, they are absolulty awful. i have no problem admitting that i used to like....i've got both mega kung fu radio tonight the stars revolt. i don't actually LISTEN to them anymore, but they're probably not the worse cds i own (that goes to sr-71...it was a gift. i didn't actually buy that.). but they really really suck.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Re: HAHA Powerman 5000

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunbury
The band's frontman, Spider One, blamed the move on declining record sales, stating "the music business is in the toilet — no one is buying CDs, and less and less people are going to see bands live. Every major label in America has lost an obscene amount of money this year and it's getting worse every day. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you to feel sorry for the labels, but the reality is this: if they're not making any money, you better believe your favorite band isn't doing too well either."
Pfft...now you have one-hit wonders trying to blame their suckiness on internet file-sharing. Make me laugh.

Melon
Old 11-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Awwww C'mon..Spider's just a good boy from Haverhill MA trying to make a living outside of big brother's demonic shadow.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

The music industry is tanking. This will start happening to ALOT of bands, and it won't be so funny when it's one you like.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
The music industry is tanking. This will start happening to ALOT of bands, and it won't be so funny when it's one you like.
It depends which bands, I highly doubt ALOT of bands will be in trouble