Hackballscross, Ireland, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I failed English all to hell in middle-early high school.
Though in all fairness, my 9th grade failing of it was due to pneumonia.

You know what I'd like to see? Just once. U2 try to muddle their way through the entirety of Bohemian Rhapsody. High potential for lulz.

:ohmy: i think the lowest grade i ever got for english was a C. that was in college, the worst professor ever. she accused the entire class of plagiarizing. wtf.
I was one of those really smart students that the teachers just couldn't teach. I was bored by school. I mean, hell, I was doing calculus in pre-school. Conjugating verbs and diagramming sentences just wasn't my thing.

Well, I'm officially thinking of giving up the Coldplay cartoon. I can't fucking do it anymore. I'll be old and grey before I get that thing finished, and by then, none of it will be relevant.

So, I need you guys to help me decide what to do with the script. I want to show it to everyone here, because I think they would love it, but I have no idea where I would put that. I think it would technically qualify as fan fiction, which would go in PLEBA. Fuck that. Many people who love my work avoid that section like the plague.

Decisions, decisions...

I was one of those really smart students that the teachers just couldn't teach. I was bored by school. I mean, hell, I was doing calculus in pre-school. Conjugating verbs and diagramming sentences just wasn't my thing.
oh yeah, i hear you. i went through periods like that too. i taught myself how to read at the age of three and was placed in a gifted program in school. but once we moved here, i just stopped caring about my grades. it wasn't until high school i started trying again, and that was only because i knew if i got good enough grades, i could get a full scholarship for the university here, which would be the only way i could've gone (aside from taking out huge student loans, of course). we can see how that turned out :rolleyes:

Well, I'm officially thinking of giving up the Coldplay cartoon. I can't fucking do it anymore. I'll be old and grey before I get that thing finished, and by then, none of it will be relevant.

So, I need you guys to help me decide what to do with the script. I want to show it to everyone here, because I think they would love it, but I have no idea where I would put that. I think it would technically qualify as fan fiction, which would go in PLEBA. Fuck that. Many people who love my work avoid that section like the plague.

Decisions, decisions...
What's wrong with posting it in this thread?

Decisions, decisions...
dream out loud?

or yeah, you could post it here like serena suggested.

Decisions, decisions...

Aww damn. :(

Post it in EYKIW anyway? I mean, the cartoon would go there if you completed it, so why not the script?

What's wrong with posting it in this thread?

You'll all get to see it, trust me, but not enough people would see it here. It'll probably be up SOMEWHERE tonight.

dream out loud?

or yeah, you could post it here like serena suggested.

Same answer as above.

Shit, I'd probably get a larger audience in Fan Fiction, but that would show me reaching a new low.

I could perhaps swing it as a Coldplay-related thing and fit it into B&C...

Axver, I want your opinion--what do you think of the "Beach Clips"?

I'm not willing to make much of a judgement call for two reasons:
1. I can't make out most lyrics. They'll make or break it for me. If it's just more clunkers like the last two albums, the songs will suck.
2. The HTDAAB experience; from what we'd heard of Miracle Drug, we expected something with UF-esque atmosphere and didn't get it at all, so that's making me rather cautious in dealing with it.

That said, the first track seems pretty promising with the solo and all. I don't expect much from the second, which seems a bit disjointed and like another attempt at a radio hit. Third is probably just another forced rocker. Fourth is rather hard to tell, but like the first, I think it shows promise and that the band are spending a bit more time developing music and atmosphere compared to the last two albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom