Hab - nots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
no good, blow a 3 goal third period lead... go down quickly a quietly in overtime...

has their moment now passed?

I still think if Toronto is healthy enough, they could win the Cup, though they would still be a long-shot against Detroit or Colorado, but it would have been nice to see Montreal keep winning...

i don't know if it's safe to rule montreal out just yet. this series is at least going seven games as long as gilmour is on the ship.

i am liking the toronto pick though
biggrin.gif

the leafs are gonna need one of pilar or lumme back soon(i can't believe i'm discussing the importance of having karel pilar in the lineup for a playoff game). and the quicker sundin returns the leafs will be that much better. cujo is now in form i believe.

i can't believe they have kept this series even with the injuries.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
this series is at least going seven games
Or longer??!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow did Montreal go into a shell last night. Did you notice some fan break a section of the glass after the game ended?

Originally posted by Hewson:
Or longer??!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow did Montreal go into a shell last night. Did you notice some fan break a section of the glass after the game ended?

haha
wink.gif
ya got me.
over the past two nights fans in ottawa and montreal have proven themselves to be acting in poor taste.
tie domi did not help matters by saying residents of ottawa were 'wannabe torontonians'!
biggrin.gif
ahh, tie. i know you didn't mean me but you sure got people mad at me.
toronto continuosly sets itself apart as a superior sports city, imo.

I think the 'Canes might have Theodore figured out... (finally) I mean, he's practically holding the team together with his own bare knuckles...

------------------
SlipStream Soul

Oh, all you naysayers!!!!!!

A sportswriter hit the nail on the head: if Montreal loses the series now, Montreal won't be remembered as the surprise of the playoffs who did so well but be remembered as the team who let it get away...what a shame really...

Everyone is talking like Carolina is leading 3-2 or something when it's still tied at 2!!!

Kobayashi, I did hear of a few disgraceful things Canadiens fans did but what did the Sens fans do?

Btw, I actually came into this Ottawa-Toronto series feeling quite neutral about Toronto (although I live in Ottawa, I'm not from here) but now I must have been brainwashed because I DETEST them more than anything now!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 05-12-2002).]

well NOW they are, Montreal looks like they haven't recovered from Game 4, that was my big fear, I've seen that scenario over and over in the playoffs, momentum is a terrible thing to waste, and Montreal was 20 minutes from a 3-1 series lead, and played probably their worst period of the season (all things considered)

well Theodore did not play particularly well in game 4, he's been the MVP of Montreal all season, and I think he should win the Hart Trophy, but Carolina has scored 9 goals in the last 4+ periods of play against him, the team looks like it is shell-shocked, I really don't see much hope for them right now, the big question is who will win game 7 of the Toronto - Ottawa series, my money is on Toronto (and I still say Toronto goes to the Finals)

Wanderer,

You may be right about Montreal (I didn't watch the game today), but I don't think Toronto will beat Ottawa. Lalime has just been way too hot these playoffs, and I think Ottawa likes playing on the road more than at home.

------------------
The Tempest

Carolina had Montreal on an absolute goose chase today, complete with defensive zone breakdowns. If the Habs keep playing like that, there's no way they'll make it to conference finals. As much as I like to think Theodore can pull the team through, their d's still have to do some work.

As for the Battle of Ontario, I think the Sens still have the upper hand. The Sens play a better game than the Leafs. I don't think the Leafs will make it to the Finals. Revenge/desparation hockey can only fuel the Leafs so far for so long... eventually they'll run out of steam.

------------------
SlipStream Soul

toronto will not lose a game seven. especially at home. especially with roberts on the go. lalime was great himself and in the heads of the opposing team. he had a couple of subpar games so the leafs cracked that and know they can score and score plentiful.

don't count montreal out. if gilmour and koivu can get it going they can be right back in it. carolina can't hide under it's shaky goaltending forever. if they win this series with their alternating goalies, like it's mid season, i will be impressed but don't think that will hold water against either leafs or sens.

I can't watch this game anymore...it's horrible, awful....8-!!!! WTF?!?

Anyhow, Wanderer, would you *PLEASE* quit with your predictions???
They're coming true...that's scary...and if you're going to become psychic then at least foresee some good stuff for Ottawa...(I've given up on Montreal at the end of the 2nd!)

too late, I already picked Toronto to win tomorrow, though I think Ottawa has a great chance to win still, I'm not sure what to think about the Colorado/San Jose game tonight, I think San Jose obviously has to win this game or the series will slip away, not sure if they can pull it off or not...

I didnt see the first two periods of the game, but I'm told Montreal simply didnt show up and hung Theodore out to dry, wtf? this team didnt show much heart, I'm extremely disappointed in that, I hope this hasn't crushed Theodore's confidence

That's the first time I ever cried about a sporting event....That was so nice, so touching with Theodore at the end and the way the fans just applauded him (as well as the Carolina players!)...such a great story for Montreal this year.

I think the announcer said it best when he said how it was that much more special when the Montreal Canadiens are in the Stanley Cup playoffs...

I hope you mean they didn't show much heart in the past 2 games and not the entire Playoff series!!!!!!!!

How untrue that would be! So much character, so much heart...

you're right in calling me on that, let me re-phrase that -- because they weren't the most talented team in the playoffs -- they played with all heart and inspiration to get to that point (Koivu was a huge part of that), but Game 4 demoralised them, and let's face it, like Boston, Carolina is a more talented team than Montreal. I think Montreal just didnt have anything left, when teams play with that much emotion and intensity for as long as Montreal did, when something that dramatic happens against you it's almost impossible to recover from it (look at what happened to Vancouver against Detroit, after the goal from center ice got Detroit back in the series, Vancouver was never the same)

man, San Jose looks good so far, if they score first look out!

YEAH!! 8-2 GO CANES!!!

As a long-suffering Hartford Whaler fan, tonight's game exorcised the demons of 1980, 1986 (OT game 7), 1988, 1989, and 1992 (20T game 7). This night has been a LOOOOOOOONGGG time coming...congrats to Ronnie Franc(h)is(e) and the rest of the Hurricanes. The BBC line is absolutely rocking and Paul Maurice is pulling all the right strings.

I can't believe the Canes have a shot to play for the Stanley Cup...this is unbelievable...GO CAROLINA!!!!

hmmm... I don't think many people who were Hartford fans are jumping for joy over this, kinda like when Colorado won the Cup the year after they moved the franchise there from Quebec, just like people who were Los Angeles Rams fans probably weren't pleased with the team moving to St. Louis and winning, or Cleveland fans happy about their team moving to Baltimore and winning the Super Bowl... maybe I'm wrong though!

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

That's the first time I ever cried about a sporting event....That was so nice, so touching with Theodore at the end and the way the fans just applauded him (as well as the Carolina players!)...such a great story for Montreal this year.

I think the announcer said it best when he said how it was that much more special when the Montreal Canadiens are in the Stanley Cup playoffs...

I totally agree with you Lady. Therrien had a lot of class to bail out Theodore and plug him back in for the last 2 minutes so the fans could give him a proper thanks.

Actually Wanderer, most Hartford fans are no longer bitter (we sure were back in 1997, and yeah I still hate the owners). But there are still some former Whale players (coach Maurice, Wesley, O'Neill, Kapanen, and most especially Francis, who is everyone's favorite Whaler). So it's just impossible to root against those guys. And Whaler fans are unlikely to take up the cause for the hated Bruins or the despicable Rangers. But most Whaler fans are probably somewhat happy with die-hards like myself VERY pleased.

the Canadians are beginning their ascent back to supremacy again.
Watch for them next year when they bulk up their forward lines and bring Theadore to his max potential.

He could be better than Roy

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I know that Theodore is still relatively young, but the difference between him and Roy is that Roy would never have folded after one bad game, never mind two. Even as a rookie, Roy has always been so mentally strong, always being able to get back into the zone after being cracked. What happened to Theodore reminds me of what happened to Cloutier (of Vancouver), and I am a little worried for the both of them, I have to admit.

------------------
The Tempest

First, Montreal's loss and now Toronto's win (not sure what's worse - Toronto winning or Ottawa losing)...After last night's loss, though, everything pales in comparison...Needless to say, I HATE/DETEST Toronto (and can't stand the CBC broadcasters either now)...GO CAROLINA!!!

Back
Top Bottom