Hab - nots? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2002, 09:03 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:13 PM
toronto will not lose a game seven. especially at home. especially with roberts on the go. lalime was great himself and in the heads of the opposing team. he had a couple of subpar games so the leafs cracked that and know they can score and score plentiful.

don't count montreal out. if gilmour and koivu can get it going they can be right back in it. carolina can't hide under it's shaky goaltending forever. if they win this series with their alternating goalies, like it's mid season, i will be impressed but don't think that will hold water against either leafs or sens.

Old 05-13-2002, 09:08 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:13 PM

I can't watch this game anymore...it's horrible, awful....8-!!!! WTF?!?

Anyhow, Wanderer, would you *PLEASE* quit with your predictions???
They're coming true...that's scary...and if you're going to become psychic then at least foresee some good stuff for Ottawa...(I've given up on Montreal at the end of the 2nd!)

Old 05-13-2002, 09:56 PM   #18
Kid A

too late, I already picked Toronto to win tomorrow, though I think Ottawa has a great chance to win still, I'm not sure what to think about the Colorado/San Jose game tonight, I think San Jose obviously has to win this game or the series will slip away, not sure if they can pull it off or not...

I didnt see the first two periods of the game, but I'm told Montreal simply didnt show up and hung Theodore out to dry, wtf? this team didnt show much heart, I'm extremely disappointed in that, I hope this hasn't crushed Theodore's confidence
Old 05-13-2002, 10:01 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

That's the first time I ever cried about a sporting event....That was so nice, so touching with Theodore at the end and the way the fans just applauded him (as well as the Carolina players!)...such a great story for Montreal this year.

I think the announcer said it best when he said how it was that much more special when the Montreal Canadiens are in the Stanley Cup playoffs...
Old 05-13-2002, 10:29 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I hope you mean they didn't show much heart in the past 2 games and not the entire Playoff series!!!!!!!!

How untrue that would be! So much character, so much heart...
Old 05-13-2002, 10:55 PM   #21
Kid A

you're right in calling me on that, let me re-phrase that -- because they weren't the most talented team in the playoffs -- they played with all heart and inspiration to get to that point (Koivu was a huge part of that), but Game 4 demoralised them, and let's face it, like Boston, Carolina is a more talented team than Montreal. I think Montreal just didnt have anything left, when teams play with that much emotion and intensity for as long as Montreal did, when something that dramatic happens against you it's almost impossible to recover from it (look at what happened to Vancouver against Detroit, after the goal from center ice got Detroit back in the series, Vancouver was never the same)

man, San Jose looks good so far, if they score first look out!
Old 05-13-2002, 11:17 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 02:13 AM
YEAH!! 8-2 GO CANES!!!

As a long-suffering Hartford Whaler fan, tonight's game exorcised the demons of 1980, 1986 (OT game 7), 1988, 1989, and 1992 (20T game 7). This night has been a LOOOOOOOONGGG time coming...congrats to Ronnie Franc(h)is(e) and the rest of the Hurricanes. The BBC line is absolutely rocking and Paul Maurice is pulling all the right strings.

I can't believe the Canes have a shot to play for the Stanley Cup...this is unbelievable...GO CAROLINA!!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 11:39 PM   #23
Kid A

hmmm... I don't think many people who were Hartford fans are jumping for joy over this, kinda like when Colorado won the Cup the year after they moved the franchise there from Quebec, just like people who were Los Angeles Rams fans probably weren't pleased with the team moving to St. Louis and winning, or Cleveland fans happy about their team moving to Baltimore and winning the Super Bowl... maybe I'm wrong though!
Old 05-14-2002, 02:15 AM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

That's the first time I ever cried about a sporting event....That was so nice, so touching with Theodore at the end and the way the fans just applauded him (as well as the Carolina players!)...such a great story for Montreal this year.

I think the announcer said it best when he said how it was that much more special when the Montreal Canadiens are in the Stanley Cup playoffs...
I totally agree with you Lady. Therrien had a lot of class to bail out Theodore and plug him back in for the last 2 minutes so the fans could give him a proper thanks.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:42 AM   #25
The Fly

Actually Wanderer, most Hartford fans are no longer bitter (we sure were back in 1997, and yeah I still hate the owners). But there are still some former Whale players (coach Maurice, Wesley, O'Neill, Kapanen, and most especially Francis, who is everyone's favorite Whaler). So it's just impossible to root against those guys. And Whaler fans are unlikely to take up the cause for the hated Bruins or the despicable Rangers. But most Whaler fans are probably somewhat happy with die-hards like myself VERY pleased.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:35 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:43 PM
the Canadians are beginning their ascent back to supremacy again.
Watch for them next year when they bulk up their forward lines and bring Theadore to his max potential.

He could be better than Roy

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time
Old 05-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I know that Theodore is still relatively young, but the difference between him and Roy is that Roy would never have folded after one bad game, never mind two. Even as a rookie, Roy has always been so mentally strong, always being able to get back into the zone after being cracked. What happened to Theodore reminds me of what happened to Cloutier (of Vancouver), and I am a little worried for the both of them, I have to admit.

------------------
The Tempest
Old 05-14-2002, 09:57 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

First, Montreal's loss and now Toronto's win (not sure what's worse - Toronto winning or Ottawa losing)...After last night's loss, though, everything pales in comparison...Needless to say, I HATE/DETEST Toronto (and can't stand the CBC broadcasters either now)...GO CAROLINA!!!