Gwyneth's Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Gwyneth Paltrow Expecting First Child
Dec 3, 2:25 PM EST

Gwyneth Paltrow and boyfriend Chris Martin are expecting their first child next summer, her publicist said Wednesday.

The couple were "pleased" to confirm the pregnancy, publicist Stephen Huvane said in a statement. He declined to say whether there were wedding plans.

The 31-year-old actress has been dating Martin, frontman for the British band Coldplay, for the past year. Both have been reticent about publicly discussing their relationship.

In a recent interview with the British Broadcasting Corp., Paltrow said she hopes to marry but wouldn't reveal whether that aspiration extended to the 26-year-old Martin.

Paltrow won a best-actress Oscar in 1999 for "Shakespeare in Love." She stars as poet Sylvia Plath in the new film "Sylvia."

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Let's see how many Coldplay song titles can be jammed into one comment on Chris Martin becoming a daddy...

Don't Panic, Chris and Gwynnie! Hopefully the baby will have Green Eyes, and they'll never speak to it above A Whisper. Maybe it will sleep through the night until Daylight, and if it should Shiver, Chris and Gwyn should know that Everything's Not Lost.

cry me a river

yertle-the-turtle said:
that's nice, I guess

hopefully they'll be together for a long time (sorry mvd)

I always feel bad for the kids of all these big superstar couples who split up

they better be together forever. :angry:!

and thanks for the sympathy yertle. ;) we all pretty much knew those two would have a love child soon enough.

:applaud:
He'll be a cool dad, and I bet at 31 Gwenth is happy to be having a baby. :heart:
**cass puts glow-in-the-dark stars all over the ceiling of the nursery**
look baby Martin...look at the stars, see how they shine for you.
They should watch the series"Baby It's You", they'd love it:heart:
They are very lucky, best wishes to their family.

Hopefully this is forever. I just don't understand the rush to have kids. They have only been together one year. :shrug: Oh well... all the best to future baby Martin. It could have been me. :crack: I met him first :madspit: :laugh:

~LadyLemon~ said:
I'll enjoy seeing this waif grow a big old belly.

LMAO...and maybe a few stretch marks too..

*saucer of milk, table 2* *hiss scratch*

I spoke with my sister. Her comments?

"Oh no! Gwyneth's got Chris trapped in a baby web!"

:lmao:

martha said:
You know, all this talk about "baby traps" and stuff... do we forget that the man is in the room too when a baby gets made? He does bear 50% of the responsibility for NOT making babies.

Very true. I think my thoughts came from all the media articles on "Gwyneth. . .desperate for marriage? Will she actually keep a man for good this time? Or will he break up with her and straight off marry the next girl who comes along?" :lol:

Angel said:
Hopefully this is forever. I just don't understand the rush to have kids. They have only been together one year. :shrug: Oh well... all the best to future baby Martin.

Those are pretty much my sentiments...but they are adults, and we are all just on the outside looking in. Best of luck to them!! I bet this baby is going to be cute as hell. :cute:

She looked really cute on the tonight show. There is some speculation in the Ny Post that they may be secretly married already. I think it is nice. I think the loss of her father was a wake up call for her and she quit some films and wants to have a family. She will be the best dressed pregnant ladt ever I am sure.

For the record, my sister was joking about the "baby web." She and her husband had their son out of wedlock, and she's always joking that her husband "trapped her in a baby web." Celebrities and the rest of us have kids out of wedlock all the time. Doesn't bother me at all.

rumours about them being married have been going on for months. some think they tied the knot in May in Hawaii.

I saw the pics of her from the tonight show, and she looks like a glowing mother to be. i love how mother's to be all have that glow. :cute:

fa6109d7.jpg

In all fairness, they will probably be wonderful parents, married or not. I know most of the criticism was done in a joking way but why would it be so hard to believe that they BOTH wanted a baby and this wasn't an accident? I wish them all the best :)

well they filed for a marriage licence today and stated that they have been trying to get pregnant, so this wasn't an accident. best of luck to them and their new lives as parents. :up:

:cute: I want to start a Baby Martin fanclub. No... but seriously I am happy for them. I saw her interviewed a month back on Barbara Wah Wah or Dateline or something and she seems pretty cool and very much in love. That's what it's all about. :heart: And martha is SO right. Takes two... looks like Chris wanted to be 'trapped'. :sexywink: I still think she is too skinny though.

Back
Top Bottom