Guys, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

I'm not a hater per se. I just think he's sort of... silly.
*ducks*

I can understand that, if I didn't absolutely love the man and everything hes done then I think I'd find him embarrising. His pretentiousness onstage and the cliches he comes out with. But because it's Bono it's completely endearing. I think so anyway :)
How are you this evening?

I can understand that, if I didn't absolutely love the man and everything hes done then I think I'd find him embarrising. His pretentiousness onstage and the cliches he comes out with. But because it's Bono it's completely endearing. I think so anyway :)
How are you this evening?

Digesting my enormous mexican food lunch :drool:

Um, yeah, watching Bono in videos and whatnot I just shake my head with a wry smile. But live is a different story. I'd probably be a bit ridiculous if I had thousands of people screaming for me! I find Bono cam pretty freaky, all those people just wanting to touch him. No wonder he's got a big head.

Digesting my enormous mexican food lunch :drool:

Um, yeah, watching Bono in videos and whatnot I just shake my head with a wry smile. But live is a different story. I'd probably be a bit ridiculous if I had thousands of people screaming for me! I find Bono cam pretty freaky, all those people just wanting to touch him. No wonder he's got a big head.

I think he has this 'live mode' that's like Bono, just x10,000. It's great live - but I do find myself cringing a little bit on live (usually youtube) videos. Because you're not getting the atmosphere and everything...which makes the posing alright :) To me it's more embarrising seeing a tribute band and having someone pretend to be Bono... he can get away with those things, and in a stadium, but NO ONE else (in a hall filled Musical Hall) can :|

Mexican Food :drool: Oye.

I think he has this 'live mode' that's like Bono, just x10,000. It's great live - but I do find myself cringing a little bit on live (usually youtube) videos. Because you're not getting the atmosphere and everything...which makes the posing alright :) To me it's more embarrising seeing a tribute band and having someone pretend to be Bono... he can get away with those things, and in a stadium, but NO ONE else (in a hall filled Musical Hall) can :|.
Totally agree. :up: That's why the thougth of going to see a tribute band frightens me a bit.

Mexican Food :drool: Oye.

Oye indeed. There was sooooooo much. But it was lunch and I had to come back to work so I didn't even get to enjoy it with a margarita. What's the point of Mexican food if you're not going to get a margarita, I ask you?

Emma, I always picture people here as their avitar. But I just looked at your profile pic :drool:

:lol:

I wish you pictured me as Susan Sontag :drool: LOL... thanks :up: (if that was a compliment? my hairs dark now :wink: )

Five hours of sleep really is not a good thing, I must say.

:wave: I coped with 6 the other night, and was fine as a result :up:

Totally agree. :up: That's why the thougth of going to see a tribute band frightens me a bit.

I always find it quite disturbing actually.. I'm fine with the songs, but I just can't get into them because it's such a surreal, weird experience :huh:

Woah Nelly enough about my profile picture :lol: I'll be changing it ASAP :madwife:

weak!

Oh I can't get myself out of work. So if you do wanna take Danny's offer, the Floyd tickets are yours.

Oh, damn. I'm already going to a concert tonight! A much cheaper one that involves real rather than tribute bands. :wink:

:wave: I coped with 6 the other night, and was fine as a result :up:

I always find it quite disturbing actually.. I'm fine with the songs, but I just can't get into them because it's such a surreal, weird experience :huh:

Me too - it's not really THE band but basically some wannabes.

:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom