Guys, tell me about what cool shoes you have.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I just got the coolest pair of shoes. A pair of 'Wavz' from Born. Very cool shoes, hand made, sooo comfortable.

DB0007sm.jpg

I've never been much of a shoe guy but I'd like to know what not-so-well-known brands of shoes you are into.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Commerce "America's natural resource."

AIM: JuanSwallow

With my feet from hell, I have to get everything WIDE. And not just shoes that "run wide" according to the teenaged shoe salesperson; those fuckers have to BE wide. But my beloved podiatrist assures me that my bunion surgery is indeed the magic wand I think it will be.

Dexters, to answer your question. And Hush Puppies.

Well, you DID ask.

Uh-oh, it says guys. Sorry.

[This message has been edited by martha (edited 01-26-2002).]

My latest faves are lilac suede thongs(slides/flipflop thingies) with purple sequins down the strap.

I love my Sketchers.
Also fond of my Converse All Star sneakers and All Star suede slides.

In winter I am a boot girl. Black chunky boots for kickin skulls
biggrin.gif

I dig shoes. I'm a girl.

Ahhh shoes!
I love my shoes! I have a lot, so I'll just tell you about my newest acquistions. I got a pair of black strappy high heels and brown patchwork leather mules. My fave ones are black open-toed mules. They are so comfortable; I think I'll cry when they finally wear out. J/K! ~Jen
smile.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

Black chunky boots for kickin skulls
biggrin.gif

I dig shoes. I'm a girl.

What a contradiction!! Oh so girly Manda!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

My fave shoes are both red

One pair are kinda like trainers but they are really old now

My other fave pair of shoes are my ox blood Doc Martens with purple laces

BUT

my dream pair of DM's would have to be purple ones with flowers on them.....but you can't buy any like that..i think they used to sell them though

yeah...you're one red hot skippy chick arent ya mate!!

is your middle name narelle?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

My fave shoes at the moment are my 7" NYLAs (these shoes rock--they have no arch!) and my slingback Nike cross-trainers
smile.gif

Shoes are one of the cool things about being a grrrl

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

the only shoes I care about are the ones I had to wear during the beginning of the 80's
they still haunt me in my dreams

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Loints - they're the most comfortable shoes I ever had: http://www.loints.com

annalivia

------------------
We went to London to sell our songs, but never our souls,
to sell your songs but never your souls,
Out of Control, I wanted to get out of control...

i'm on my second pair of nike presto's. they're laceless and great for the gym.

i also have a casual pair from pegabo(don't know if that's just a canadian store) that have a couple of sporty stripes on their.

and a pair of boot/shoe type things from american eagle.

in total probably 3 slaves worked on my shoes and recieved a total of $3 for the whole days work so am I guilty consumer?
you bet.

------------------
i thought i knew you.

I used to work at a shoe store. I have a really hard time finding shoes I like because I am so picky. For sneakers, I used to only buy Nikes, but I got a pair of Skechers recently that I love. I also love black leather boots with big heels.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

i wear all white shoes called "sprints" with two velcro straps.

as an added bonus, theyre size 24.

ok fine, i dont have shoes like this. but i plan on going to the local SAAN store to purchase the ugliest shoes i can find in the near future.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

I like funky shoes. I have a pair of dark blue tapestry Doc Martens with burgundy roses, two pairs of Birkenstocks, and two pairs of Vans (my fave sneakers)--one brown, one blue, both with funky laces (one yellow with turtles, the other SpongeBob Squarepants.)

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

blkgsygibson.jpg

My Doc Marten 3eye grease gibson...

Had it for 1 1/2 years...

and still kicking skulls wit it...

seeing how long i must wear it til it really wears out...

For me, any shoes that fit my enormous feet are cool shoes. But I have to say that things are improving somewhat for women with big feet. More large sizes. Still, people who say shoe shopping is their favourite thing really bug me!

Right now I have a pair I really like, black with nice little buckles and chunky heels (actually I would prefer lower heels, I'm tall and don't want extra height, but they're not too high). And they were cheap cheap. I got them at a place called Payless Shoe Source
biggrin.gif
They had a buy one, get the next one half off sale--the first pair was $30 so the second was $15--oh, and these are Canadian prices (not that it makes much difference for us Canadians...) This store has nice looking shoes, they feel comfortable and they're dirt cheap. Probably won't last forever but at that price who cares? The thing I don't like about them is that they squeak like crazy!!!

By the way, I am most surprised that a GUY started this thread!

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
By the way, I am most surprised that a GUY started this thread!

Now I just need more guys to respond, I want to hear about other brands that I'm not familiar with.

My boot shoe things....skechers
7926_BRS.jpg

They're a little different from this pic, but this is the closest thing they had on their website.

SO flippin' comfortable for me, which is remarkable bc I don't like to wear shoes! And with heavy boots you feel quite important
smile.gif
*stomp stomp*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

There's a Heaven above you, baby....

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-27-2002).]

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
How much does the average pair cost? I looked on their site and didn't see any price info.

Converted in US-Dollar: between 85 and 125 $.

annalivia

------------------
I'm a singer. You know what a singer is? Someone with a hole in his heart as big as his ego. When you need 20,000 people screaming your name in order to feel good about your day, you know you're a singer.

(Bono's Harvard address, June 2001

I Loooooove Shoes.

I have a pair of red hikers. They have beige on them too. They are really cool.

On the weekend I bought a pair of cherry coloured lace up shoes. They have little holes in the toes. They are so cool (but I didn't describe them very well). They are from American Eagle Outfitters, and were on sale for $17.87 cdn. I remember seeing them originally for $79.99. I love post Christmas sales!!!

Odd, but right now I love these shoes:

They are my broomball shoes. They allow me to run on the ice, and they look like Chuck Taylors. They're fun shoes. But you can only wear them playing broomball, or you tend to look kinda stupid (I guess that could be said for how you look while you're playing broomball anyway).

anim_shoe.gif

I forgot my favourite ones for the "my home is my castle" hours:

160331.JPG

http://www.birkenstock.com/pages/OpeningPage.htm

Two links for good men shoes:
http://www.ecco.com/de/
http://www.thinkshoes.com/index_ht_e.html

"My shoe is your shoe" - Andy Warhol

smile.gif

annalivia

------------------
"I'm a singer. You know what a singer is? Someone with a hole in his heart as big as his ego. When you need 20,000 people screaming your name in order to feel good about your day, you know you're a singer."
(Bono's Harvard address, June 2001)

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Odd, but right now I love these shoes:

They are my broomball shoes. They allow me to run on the ice, and they look like Chuck Taylors. They're fun shoes. But you can only wear them playing broomball, or you tend to look kinda stupid (I guess that could be said for how you look while you're playing broomball anyway).

anim_shoe.gif

what is broomball??
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom