Guys really DO love Valentine's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Guys really love Valentine's
84% of men likely to buy a gift

Forgetting Feb. 14 is `unforgivable'

SAN GREWAL
LIFE WRITER

There's a dirty little secret that guys have been keeping for years. They use Budweiser commercials and barroom jokes to hide it. They would deny it till their death, God forbid anybody should find out.

But when no one's around except their sweethearts, the Alpha male in them is beaten down and the warm, fuzzy truth comes out.

Men love Valentine's Day more than women.

It's true.

According to the 2004 Harlequin Romance Report, 54 per cent of North American men surveyed agreed that "forgetting Valentine's Day is an almost unforgivable offence in a relationship," compared with only 36 per cent of women.

And 84 per cent of men are likely to buy a gift compared to only 66 per cent of women.

The surprises don't stop there.

If you're a guy living in Canada who is actively looking for love, let's hope you're not disheartened by the following math:

According to another part of the report, 54 per cent of Canadians say men are more likely to be the seducer, but 80 per cent say women are better at it.

The Art Of Seduction, a survey of more than 6,000 men and women from 20 countries worldwide is a separate part of the Harlequin report and according to it money doesn't often buy love, unless you live in Japan.

Only 15 per cent of Canadians said money was the most seductive attribute. Looks was number one, at 65 per cent, but the Japanese, long respected for their spiritual pursuits, have apparently let things slip. Just over half the Japanese surveyed listed money as the most seductive attribute.

When it comes to beauty, Norwegians place the highest premium on the power of appearances, with 88 per cent listing looks as the most seductive attribute.

The survey also includes a list of the most seductive celebrities.

Not many surprises on either side, with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Beyonc? Knowles coming in first and second, respectively.

Viggo Mortensen, riding his Lord Of The Rings fame, took top spot on the male list.

Canadian actress Carrie- Anne Moss is apparently well thought of around the globe ? she came in at No. 7 ? and American TV funny guy Jon Stewart was the big surprise among the men, finishing third, one spot ahead of George Clooney.

A heads up for guys here in the great white north: while 54 per cent of your peers have tried using seductive advances, only 18 per cent have succeeded.

So think carefully about what you say on Valentine's Day.

Mrs. Edge said:
But when no one's around except their sweethearts, the Alpha male in them is beaten down and the warm, fuzzy truth comes out.

:laugh:

:yes:

Oh, this is SO true!

Last edited:
Even though Valentine's Day scorns me every year, I still like it. :(
I love the boxes of candy and the decorations and covet them.

Why must they be so snide about Viggo Mortensen? Can't they just admit he's f-ing hot? :drool:

i dont know if this really means they "love" valentines

it means if they don't buy something for their significant other they know they will be in the shithouse and, as nbcrusader alluded to, won't be able to score on a night of guarenteed action

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
LOL

I'm going to have my 3rd annual "Piss off Valentine's Day", where I get really drunk, watch John Cusack movies, and pass out, alone. :crack:

(j/k about the passing out part... I think.)

awww sweetie :hug: :hug:
John Cusack :drool:

I just may be willing...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Next guy to post in here who's willing to shower me with gifts will get lucky.

:hmm:

:macdevil:

:flirt:

--------
Another Singles Awareness Day for me...

Last edited:
Chizip said:
i dont know if this really means they "love" valentines

it means if they don't buy something for their significant other they know they will be in the shithouse and, as nbcrusader alluded to, won't be able to score on a night of guarenteed action

Thank you for saying this. I was thinking the same thing.

Hey, I like V-Day, I love showering Rachel with gifts and treating her like a princess! I'd do it every day if I only had the money :(

And I don't like it cause I'm "guaranteed to score", in fact chances are 99.99999% that I won't get any based on events in the past 4 months (her parents caught us in September), unless we get some sort of freak alone time with no chance of being caught, which is never.

I don't like V-Day simply because yes, the chances of getting laid ar much higher, but I like V-Day because I love Rachel, and she gets a special day all to herself. :love:

interesting stuff. it figures i'm spending V-day this years at a hockey tournament 4 hours drive away from my boyfriend.

Back
Top Bottom