Guy could get 3 years in federal pound me in the ass prison for uploading 24 episodes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
On to YouTube...

The first 4 episodes of this season's 24 were going to be released on a special DVD, of course the DVD leaked early and made it's way to torrent sites. Now, the guy they are going after isn't the guy who leaked the episodes, he is just one of the thousands of people who downloaded it, and thought it would be alright to upload it to youtube. I mean, youtube is littered with tons of copywrited material, if you get caught the worst that happens is they take down the videos and/or delete your account.

But now it seems they wanna make an example of this guy...

Jorge Romero is charged with downloading the episodes of 24 from an unspecified source and posting them on LiveDigital.com eight days before the show's official release. Romero was tracked down by the FBI.

"We are grateful to the FBI and US Attorney's offices in Los Angeles for aggressively pursuing this matter," said 24 distributor 20th Century Fox.

"We hope it will serve as a powerful warning that uploading copyrighted TV shows and movies to the internet can be a crime with significant penalties and will be prosecuted as such.

"Video-hosting sites such as LiveDigital.com and YouTube are not copyright-free zones, and individuals who post episodes of television shows, particularly before they are broadcast for the first time, will face harsh civil and criminal sanctions."

Romero is being charged with "uploading copyrighted material to a publicly accessible computer network knowing the work was intended for commercial distribution".

The felony carries a statutory maximum sentence of three years in a federal prison.

I kinda feel bad for him. You might wanna think twice about what you upload to youtube now.

I'm assuming Live Digital is like youtube. So you can't downloading anything, you can only watch online. What's the problem with that??? This is ridiculous! And what about all the music videos and stuff that are on there?? Aren't they copyrighted too?

It's a good thing he didn't upload Office Space to teh internetz.

Zootlesque said:
And what about all the music videos and stuff that are on there?? Aren't they copyrighted too?

They are, but people don't make money off them. Uploading a music video clip is more like uploading a preview trailer for 24.

I still don't get why people would even question legal action over it...

Earnie Shavers said:

They are, but people don't make money off them. Uploading a music video clip is more like uploading a preview trailer for 24.

I still don't get why people would even question legal action over it...

What about the music videos from something like U2's music videos DVDs? What about songs from the ZooTV DVD being on youtube? Should the people who uploaded those go to federal pound me in the ass prison?

You'd be da belle of da ball.

prisonmike1.png

elevation2u said:
what's with the Burmese posse?
:angry:

couldn't u2man have picked a cuter breed?

i was just wondering the same thing...why does everyone have U2man's dog in their avi's and siggys??

BonoManiac said:
Back on topic (somewhat).... I tried looking for those 24 debriefings that found their way onto Youtube and apparently they've been pulled

to see them go to http://www.fox.com/24/amex/

type in any name and expiration date, then use this for the card number 18004924920

the first 2 debriefs were pretty good, this third one pisses me off

Back
Top Bottom