Guster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom in Boston

The Fly
Any Guster fans on board? I used to think they were completely wussy, but they've got some great songs. The new album sounds great. They also drew 30,000 for their CD release/free concert in Boston. I feel like they aren't very big outside of New England, but some of you might want to check them out.

Actually, they have a U2 connection. Steve Lillywhite produced their last album.

Last edited:
Some of my friends are huge fans of them. I honestly havent really heard anything of theirs.

so the new album is good? i considered (only for the two seconds it took for me to remember i don't have a car) driving to boston for that. haven't listened to them in over a year, used to be a huge fan of the lost and gone forever album. never reeally got into goldfly or parachute...i can't even remember if it's parachuteS, or just parachute. damn.

oh great "center of attention" is stuck in my head now. it's going to stay there for the rest of the day too...

with the wingdings font? or have they stopped doing that...i have to admit i haven't thoroughly read one of those emails in a while...

Yep

The new album is pretty good. I've only listened to it a little so far (it just came out yesterday). I love Amsterdam and Ramona. I think the real prize of the album is a song called "Come Downstairs and Say Hello."
The album is a lot more like Lost and Gone Forever than the old stuff. Great production, particularly on the vocals. I also like the fact that they use more kit than hand drums on this CD.
I should sign up for their emails. The road diary on their website is hilarious.

OH MY GOD

NO!

NO!

NO!

I was waiting for a post like this!!!!

JUST SAY NO TO GUSTER:

I went to college in Boston and the guys from Guster went to my school. I was in a fraternity (so sorry to all you haters.) We used to hire Boston bands to come and play at our house for parties. When we could not get the band we wanted we used to get Guster. Well, at that time the band was actually called Gus, but they had to change their name because another band alreay had that name. Well, Gus sucked. After a while our friends who used to come to our parties would yell at us never to get Gus again because they were so bad. Basically I think they were two acoustic guitars and a bongo player. They wopuld play mostly covers like Madonna's Like a Prayer. Blechhhh

Well, we actually had a formal meeting in the house and banned Gus from ever playing there again.

I have seen that Guster have become popular (I have no idea how) and are even playing at Radio City Music call here in NYC. Radio City?!?

They were banned from playing in my dining room, but they are playing Radio City?

This and my Tara Reid story I find truly amazing and everytime I think about them I find myself at a loss of words (kinda.)

So Ouizy, you're a Jumbo?

Guster doesn't do much for me, I admit I was rather surprised to see they drew 30,000 to city hall plaza the other day.

10 years ago, I think I would have banned Guster from my dining room. I didn't like them at all. They just seemed cheesy and crunchy, but I think they've come a long way. Besides the fact that they've written some good songs, they're a bunch of funny, down-to-earth guys. They sounded great at City Hall Plaza.

I lived about a block from Tufts' campus until a few weeks ago. I went to school on the other side of the Charles though, at a bigger school.

So, what's the Tara Reid story?
I heard Jessica Biel went to Tufts recently. Never saw her though. I've seen Natalie Portman around Harvard Square a few times.

i saw guster last summer with john mayer and some australian band (i don't remember the name), and everyone kicked ass. it was funny, i went mainly to see john mayer, but i wasn't too wild on him. everyone else rocked though.

i remember seeing guster on vh1 several years ago and thinking they were good. i should probably buy an album or two. :hmm:

Yes I am a Jumbo.

I cannot fathom that Guster is drawing 30000. They used to turn away 300.

Anyway

The Tara Reid atory is just another brush with people who are making it big. I grew up with Tara (through high school), was friends with her and her brother and one of my best friends dated her.

Back then she was just another kid.

When she dropped out of school to move to California and make it big we all laughed our asses off.

I guess she is doing the laughing now...

The whole thing is very bizarre...

i love guster

i am on the webpage

they are very funny

great live show

new cd is pretty good, but not as good as lost and gone forever

come downstairs and say hello is definitely the best song

yay for guster

I don't know anything about Guster, but they're playing with Pete Yorn and the Wallflowers next week at Taste Of Chicago. I'll get to see them then! :)

i'm seeing them at the zoo on july 12th :D

i first saw them open for barenaked ladies - the same tour that dice there saw them on.

i saw them play at the mayer/guster show too (martin sexton opened for mine :heart: )

they're a good band to have in the background, but i wouldn't say they're my everything.

:D I love Guster. I went and randomly saw them with a friend one time having heard nothing, and I was sold. L&GF is definately a way cool album. Its my happy fun singalong CD.

Though Their new one doesnt grab me as much as L&GF, I'd still say they're one of my faves.

hey shannon. See ya there. :wave:

has anybody seen guster on their current tour?

im seeing them friday in nashville

i am excited, they are good live

:combust:

guster remind me of my pyscho roommate of two years, katie who used to listen to them a lot (along with other choice gems such as avril, christina, britney, and our lady peace). and for that, i will never give them a chance. call me petty, but any association with her makes me want to bash a brick on my head until i forget it. don't mean to rain on the parade here. just wanted to share :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom