GUNS N' ROSES File Lawsuit Against GEFFEN To Halt Release Of 'Greatest Hits' - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 03-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
Local Time: 12:32 PM
GUNS N' ROSES File Lawsuit Against GEFFEN To Halt Release Of 'Greatest Hits'

GUNS N' ROSES have filed a lawsuit against Geffen Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc., to stop the "unauthorized" release of a "Greatest Hits" package by the band. The lawsuit. which was filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, seeks a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction against the release.

According to the lawsuit which was filed by W. Axl Rose and former bandmembers Slash and Duff McKagan GUNS N' ROSES have not been given the opportunity to approve the choice of songs, the artwork, the release date or the re-mastering done on the tracks included on this compilation.

GUNS N' ROSES have sold over 80 million albums worldwide almost 40 million in the U.S. alone and founding member W. Axl Rose is said to be concerned that the group's audience will not only be misled into believing that the planned compilation is an authorized release, but that it will hinder the release of the band's long-awaited new studio album, "Chinese Democracy". There has been a massive outcry among the band's loyal audience against the "Greatest Hits" record, as "they too believe the track selection is fundamentally flawed, does not reflect the band's best work and is clearly not the ultimate package that would be selected by the band or their fan base if they were given the opportunity," according to an official statement from GNR's management. "They have flooded the offices of Geffen Records' senior executives with thousands of emails over the last few weeks expressing their dissent."

.....I don't get it

Old 03-15-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Local Time: 04:32 PM
it's one of those rare things where i support axl , maybe they can get together , do a couple tunes , reunion , but what about velvet revolver ???

Old 03-17-2004, 09:31 AM   #3
Local Time: 03:32 PM
I just want the damn CD!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #4
Local Time: 04:32 PM
I will buy this CD. It looks like Geffen will be able to release this cd after all.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:32 PM
I saw it in the stores today
Old 03-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:32 PM
so... Axl lost

What does the W in his name stands for?

Wandelou??? (like Mr. Smithers)... maybe Axl also collects Malibu Baby... or Baby Malibu... whatever