Guns N' Roses. Does anyone like them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
I'm wondering what you guys think of Guns N' Roses. I am a member/moderator of MYGNR.COM(username - Bono) and I sometimes take a hell of alot of flak for being a U2 fan. They are my favorite band and many times people on this and other Gn'R sites don't feel as though I can truely be a Guns N' Roses fan if a band like U2 is my favorite. They often say things like "any faggot who likes U2 is a gay motherfucker who likes pussy music" I can't stand this. I have no problem with them not liking U2 but the lack of knowledge about the band bugs me. Calling them whimpy and pussy is so off it's not even funny. They often say they've never heard of a U2 fan liking a band like Guns N' Roses which I also find hilarious. Anyways what are your thoughts on Guns N' Roses? What they were, where they're going(if anywhere) . Overall I just want your impression.

*Please note that mygnr.com is a great site and the U2 bashing does not reflect the majority of the members there. It's not frowned upon that I post another website forum is it? Sorry if it is.

I like Appetite, everything that's come out afterwards I more or less dislike.

I'm a big fan of the Manic Street Preachers (who were influenced greatly by the Gunners), so I guess nominally I do like GNR to quite an extent.

Hallucination said:
people on this and other Gn'R sites don't feel as though I can truely be a Guns N' Roses fan if a band like U2 is my favorite. They often say things like "any faggot who likes U2 is a gay motherfucker who likes pussy music"

That's rather ironic, seeing as Axl Rose is a big U2 fan! He's quoted in the book "U2 at the End of the World" as saying the song "One" made him cry, and he wrote Bono a letter telling him how much it meant to him. You might try telling your fellow GNR fans that.

(Edited to add I still crank up the volume on the stereo whenever GNR songs come on.)

Last edited:
I like GnR, don't like what Axl has done in the past 10 yrs.
Have seen the real GnR 4 times, and saw Axl's replacement "extra crispy" players last Dec 2.

The idea that you can't like U2 and GnR is absurd. Don't pay attention to anyone elses opinions, like what you like.

HA! look at where Guns and Roses are now.....compare them to where U2 is and tell me who is crap!

have you seen Axel lately...its sad really......trying to relive what he once was....what a joke

I love GNR, up until the Spaghetti Incident that is. I love the Illusions albums. Axl is looking tough these days. I saw Not Really Guns and Roses last year, they did ok- sounded like them pretty much, but it just wasnt the same.

I love their first, and all their singles from the 90s. Appetite came out when I was 7, and I begged my mom to let me have it. For some reason, she finally caved (although those are some pretty strong lyrics for kid). :laugh:

i am SLASH!

saw slash, duff, izzy and matt play with camp freedy on november 15 it fucking rocked i was right infront of slash. and later i meet matt.

im a guns fan and my guitarist is a gnr and u2 fan!

we are out there.
cant wait for velvet revolver, and maby axl might put his album out next year. bucket head is good.

welcome to the videos DVD rocks!

gnr and u2 are very differnt from each other. gnr are like led zeppelin and u2 are like the beatles!

I was a huge GnR fan back when they existed.
That band posing as GnR IS NOT GnR. If Axl went to a vocal instructor, and they reunited the original lineup, then we would have something.

--Eric

Back
Top Bottom